Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I agree with you, your husband and his friends have clearly lost their minds and not thinking about how a person has to wear a name thats hard to spell and pronounce and is just plain made up.

You could meet him half way with a real name- Zion pronounced " Zy-on"

Whats bad about this name is its a made up word and spelling- it sort of breaks all of my name rules.

goodluck
    Last edited by bettydogooder; November 2nd, 2013 at 07:08 PM.
    Waiting for baby bear #1

** Freya Scarlett, Ivy Selene **
    ~~ Alexander March, Forest Ronan ~~

Considering
    Guinevere, Winifred, Tiberius, Arcadia
    Rowan, Delphine,
    Liv

I definitely think Xynon should be scrapped in favor of a compromise name. He seems to like it because it sounds cool and because it's unique, so I think finding a unique name with similar sounds that you can both get on board with is a good place to start.

Seconding (thirding?) the suggestions of Zorion, Xander/Zander, and Zephyr.

Also:
    Zion - are you religious/spiritual at all? this one has a very deep meaning in addition to being a cool place name
    Zafar - egdy and exotic
    Zahn - very sci-fi, as Timothy Zahn was the author of many Star Wars novels
    Zenith - means the highest point, plus has the cool nickname Zen
    Zephaniah - or the short version, Zephan, if he likes a sleeker vibe
    Zane - another author name, this one does Wild West novels
    Zebulon - Biblical name, also Zebulon Pike of Pike's Peak
    Xanthos - another name for Apollo, the sun god
    Xerxes - ancient Persian name meaning "hero of heroes"

Or if it's the edgy sci-fi feeling that he likes, what about:
    Stark - from Farscape...and Iron Man!
    Korben (or Corbin / Corban) - main character of the kookily awesome movie Fifth Element
    Riddick - since you once liked Ryker. Vin Diesel, anyone?
    Dash - smuggler in Star Wars, could also be a nickname for the increasingly popular Dashiell
    Ender - from the Orson Scott Card series which will soon be a movie
    Deckard - main character of Blade Runner
    Cloud - Final Fantasy...you could also do Sephiroth if you're feeling brave! I think a little Seph would be strangely swoonworthy
    Elric - Edward and Alphonse, from Full Metal Alchemist
    Alistair - from the DragonAge video games. Not exactly sci-fi, but still "cool"
    Lestat - again not exactly sci-fi, but pretty hardcore
    Riku - from Kingdom Hearts. Also contains Axel and Ansem.
    Dante - from Devil May Cry (and the Divine Comedy of course)
    Arronax - Professor from a Jules Verne classic, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Also includes Nemo, the fabulously enigmatic captain
    Vash - as in Vash the Stampede from Trigun
    Azriel - Powerful, ambitious character in His Dark Materials who wants to re-engineer the Garden of Eden to prevent original sin
    Roland - the gunslinger from Stephen King's infamous Dark Tower novels
    Magnus - if husband is an X-Men fan, you can't go wrong with this nod to Magneto, whose full name is apparently Erik Magnus Lensherr. And while we're on the topic, Xavier could be a good option too.
    Constantine - Although the historical reference is cool, this one is for the demon-hunter

Hope this helps somewhat! Let us know what you guys end up choosing! (And I have to admit, I'm praying it's not Xynon)
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Ender _____ ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Fawn or Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ and second-guessing River Selene

GPs
    Cirina Wryn, Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Parthenia Nyx, Astoria, Illyria, Gwyneira, Farasha, Serafina, Senara, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Hawthorne, Kenshin, Bastion, Remiel, Atreyu

I think maybe he might like Zion, Zephyr, or Xander.
    ~Alice~
    A little boy is joining our family around May 25, 2014.

Top 2 Names: Theodore and Ronan.

Xynon is terrible. If I met a Xynon, I would be seriously judging his parents. I'm not really a fan of any of the names on your list, but they're all wayyy better than Xynon (save Xevon..)
    Maybe try Xavier?
    ~ not expecting, just collecting ~
    h, teenberry

- current crushes -

ivy | stella | phoebe | violet | autumn

miles | hudson | henry

It's really really really awful.... My god its really bad... Anything else would be better.. Asher is wonderful