Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Xynon 100%, totally, absolutely should NOT be given as a name to a child. It sounds like an alien, a medication, a ride at an amusement park or anything other than a human being.
    I don't even think it should be used as a middle. Sorry, but I think it's that bad.
    I like the suggestion of Damien. I don't know anyone named Damien, so I would not classify it as popular by any stretch. I also like Lucas, but I think that is more popular, so your partner does have a point about that one.
    If he is stuck on "X" names, what about Alexander so your partner can call him Xander?

I hope you can come to an agreement about the name you choose. best of luck!
    "Pretty is something you're born with. But beauty, that's an equal opportunity adjective."

I second the suggestion of Xander or Zander - Xynon is too reminiscent of xenon, the element, for me. Also agree with what has already been said - he shouldn't get overall say etc. Good luck!

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam EiraMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Caieta Ruth

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe

Quote Originally Posted by collmcc523 View Post
    Xynon should be the name of an experimental drug or a copy machine... not a child. It also reminds me of Zenon: Girl of the 21st century (getting a lot of mileage out of that reference today).

You have my deepest sympathies. Hope your partner comes round before the birth and you are able to compromise-- your list sounds like a good place to start
    Lolfr Zenon Girl of the 21st Century! I use to like that movie. On Disney Channel right? Admittedly I was probably too old to like it when it first aired but it was cute. I like the genie and leprechaun movies too. I can't remember what they were called though.
    "Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes."
    -Walt Whitman

You really can't get him to agree to Zane? The way I imagine Xynon pronounced is similar to Zane...so my advice is to pull for Zane if you like that.
    Personal Favorites: Mira Cairdeas and Darrow Paine

Best Wishes To All

I don't know if I'll be much help with suggestions but I hope you get to use Damien. The only X name I like is the popular one Xavier. The name Zahavi (I hope I spelled that right) is one of nameberry's "you might also like" suggestions and it might appeal to him. Its Hebrew for gold according to its page here. Hopefully he'll cave when the baby is born and you find something you both like. Best of luck.
    "Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes."
    -Walt Whitman