Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

4. "The Last Of Us" Parents Name Check

Good News! I have all the main characters named along with names for their siblings and parents. Basically, what I'm wanting here is a name check. Do the names in each family fit, work well together? If you're not feeling one or some, if something is very out of place, let me know. Thanks everyone. Note: The names in bold are the main characters.

Genre of Story: Dystopian

Time Period/Location: Modern / Canada

Brief Plot: Follows a group of people before and after the world changes.

Character Names:

1. Lucas MacLeod, parents are Christina Coombs and David MacLeod.

2. Seth Wylie, parents are Jeff and Wendy Wylie, older sister is Lydia.

3. Owen Trask, parents are Rolly (born John) and Norma Trask, siblings are Chris, Mitch (born Michelle), and P.J. (born John Patrick). Owen's wife was Becca and his daughter is Cassidy.

4. Jimmy Beaudry (born James), parents are Clint and Rose Beaudry, older sister is Olivia. Jimmy has a on-again-off-again girlfriend named, Hilary.

5. Gareth Tompson, parents are Arlo and Celeste Tompson.

6. Ray Coombs, parents are Jack and Thelma Coombs, siblings are Arletta and Charlene. Ray's wife's name was Margaret. Ray and his wife had a daughter, named Christina.

7. Walter Suggs, parents are Fred (born Fredrick) and Georgia. Walter's wife is Paula and his children are Benjie (born Benjamin) and Daisy.

8. Annie Ford, parents are Bill (born William) and Charlene Ford. Annie has a off-again-on-again named Shep (born Ben Shepard).

9. Colleen Wakefield, parents are Roger and Melinda, siblings are Erica and Josh. Colleen's husband was Derek. Her son is Lewis.

10. Kate Cargill, parents are Bert (born Albert) Cargill and Eileen Mercer, step-father is Doyle Mercer.

11. Scarlett Price, parents are Jean Price and Harlan West, twin sister was Juliet Price. Scarlett's boyfriend is Felix.

12. Michael Sinclair, parents are Richard and Clarissa Sinclair, younger sister is Sarah.
    Last edited by crissy76; November 2nd, 2013 at 04:58 AM.
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-

I don't have any children, but I write like crazy and am always looking for names for characters. I think I'm a half decent story teller, a mediocre writer, but horrible at picking names.

Favorites: Ainsley, Everly, Shay, Bryce, Michaela, Bree, Susannah, Jensen, Damien, Anson, James, Dalton, Sawyer, Alaric

Anybody..........
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-

I don't have any children, but I write like crazy and am always looking for names for characters. I think I'm a half decent story teller, a mediocre writer, but horrible at picking names.

Favorites: Ainsley, Everly, Shay, Bryce, Michaela, Bree, Susannah, Jensen, Damien, Anson, James, Dalton, Sawyer, Alaric

Trying to suss out your family trees but there's only a couple of names that strikes me as off. I'd see Olivia as only really suiting a teen or younger, and I find Hilary rather dated - I wouldn't expect someone named Jimmy (a fairly dated nickname in itself) to have an older sister Olivia and a girlfriend Hilary, as those two female names are a generation or so apart to me.

I also find Scarlett and Juliet a little matchy for twins, but if matchy names is what you're after then it works. I find Harlan a bit more of a modern sounding name as well with all the surnamey vibe names that are popular, but I guess it has history enough to work here.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Thanks, essjay for responding.

Jimmy, Olivia, Hilary were all born in the 70's. Would Heather or Laura work better for Jimmy's sister? How about Monique, Marcy, or Myra for Jimmy Dr. girlfriend?

Scarlett and Juliet are named what they're named because their mother was very much into old movies, and famous people....her twins are named after Scarlett from Gone with the Wind and Juliet from Romeo and Juliet. For their father, I picked Harlan because it is different and different would catch Jean's attention.
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-

Yeah, I think changing Olivia to something a bit more classic 70s might be better. Heather or Laura would be fine for her, but I'd be cautious about switching Hilary to Myra, as that name has strong associations in the UK as being that of a serial killer (Myra Hindley) so is pretty unusable over here at least. If you want to switch it, I'd suggest Monique (or Monica) as being the better of your options.

Fair enough on Scarlett and Juliet, with that back story the names are fine. Ditto Harlan, if you want something different it works.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George