Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by violetgray View Post
    Penelope
    Braxton
    Surname/Boys names on girls - I feel like people who do this are terribly misguided. Wether there goal is to be "different" or for their daughter to be a "tomboy" there are better ways of finding a name that is unique/tomboyish without taking male names and surnames and sticking them on little girls. What happened to pretty names on girls? There is nothing pretty about the name Peyton or Riley. I don't understand what made people think they'd be good names for a little girl.
    Why do little girls have to be pretty??? Women and girls can be strong, intelligent, witty, smart, clever, fierce or anything else...so shouldn't names for girls reflect that? it seems like your views are misguided to me..the idea that a girl's value lies in her 'prettiness' and that a 'feminine' name directly relates to this?

I personally don't understand names with extra letters that aren't needed. I have met a 'Jazzmynn'....which just makes so sense to me!
    One Day: Sullivan Webster and Hazel Hilary

"And so with all things: names were vital and important." ~ Algernon H. Blackwood

Charlie. Don't get me wrong, I think it's very nice as a nickname. For Charles. Maybe Charlotte at a stretch. But as a name on it's own, I just don't get it's appeal.

And surnames as first names. Hudson, Carter, etc. Not my taste at all.
    Mother to Evelyn Heather and Callum Richard

Currently loving: Annabel, Hamish, Bethany, Liam, Violet, Lachlan, Isla, Lennon, Amelie, Callum, Claire, Reuben, Fiona, Rowan, Aurora, Connor, Ever

Asher and Milo. I just don't get it.
    Last edited by southern.maple; November 7th, 2013 at 05:31 PM.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by pemdas View Post
    Linus- the peanuts?
    Casper- the ghost
    Gideon
    Ezra
    Phineas
    I like Ezra because it's a short, hard-to-mispronounce, underutilized biblical name. Having been a child in the 90s, Better Than Ezra didn't hurt either.

And I love Phineas. I've loved it since I read A Separate Peace. How anyone could read that book and not love Phineas' easy confidence and incredibly kind nature is beyond me (though it certainly doesn't guarantee liking the name). Naming a boy Phineas and calling him Finny...it still appeals to me. But we have a fur-child with a name that's much too close to Finny for that to ever work!
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

Brooklyn. And most other place names that are chosen by people who have no connection to the place.

It's one thing if you and your spouse met during your semester abroad and so want to incorporate that history into your child's name. But naming your kid Paris if you've never been there? I don't get it.
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice