Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Amelia - it's the medical name of given to the birth defect of being born with one or more missing limbs. Why is it popular as a name then?!
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College freshman.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

Mine is Lark - there are just so many other bird names so much better that i don't understand why you would choose Lark - also dosnt sound appealing at all to me...

Waiting for baby bear #1

** Freya Winifred, Scarlett Ivy,
    Arcadia Lillian **
    ~~ Ash, Kellen March, Lennox River ~~

Considering
    Guinevere, Wilder, Arwen, Inara
    Lila,
    Liv, Lorraine, Chance

Quote Originally Posted by maggiemary View Post
    Amelia - it's the medical name of given to the birth defect of being born with one or more missing limbs. Why is it popular as a name then?!
    a.) It has a meaning aside from the medical term. b.) People don't know about the birth defect because it's extremely rare.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

Thisbe. I just...- I can't. It doesn't make any sense to me as a name.
    Not expecting, just a girl with an interest in etymology.

Favourite Girls: http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/42001
    Favourite Boys: http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/47207

Favourite Combos
    Ivy Adelaide/Lyra Evangeline/Poppy Matilda/Eliza Genevieve/Wallis Katherine/Sydney Beatrix
    Harrison ?/James Anthony/Hugo Benjamin/Rory Alexander/Malachy George

Asher. Maybe I've read one too many books with terrible Ashers, but I don't like it. Oddly, though, it's starting to seem more appealing... maybe the memories of those book characters wearing off? (I don't particularly like most ash- names, but especially Asher.)
    Gelsey. The sound just isn't pleasant IMO, and it seems like it could easily be mispronounced as "jealousy." Which is not good.
    Garland for a girl. It makes much more sense for a boy... with the -land ending, and the gar- beginning like Garfield (both the president and the cat).
    Sylvia over Silvia. Sylvia is fine, but Silvia is prettier IMO. It's more similar to "silver" and it feels oh so ethereal and silvery and foresty, like a forest in the darkness of night with moonlight filtering through the trees. I just adore Silvia, and Sylvia/Sylvie is fine but I don't get why everyone prefers it.
    "Wren." Teenberry (14). Far from kids, but name obsessed.
    Current favorites: Clementine Renee | Timea Vesper | Odette Mara/Endellion | Opal Annabeth | Molly Sapphira | Zephyrine Molly | Cleora Lavender | Zephyra Winter | Tallulah Sage | Saskia Ruby/Lotus | Clementine Lucette Arcadia ||
    Hollis Charles | Azure Finnegan | Floyd Peregrin Michael
    GPs: Crimson | Saoirse | Hero | Lotus | Lolita | Bethany | Cameo || Garland