Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Esther/Ester

Esther/Ester

If given the choice which spelling would you prefer Esther or Ester? I'm kinda crushing on Esther right now. I had trouble focusing at work yesterday thinking about what an Esther might be like. I found the name when I was trying to find more names that might go well in a sib-set with Enid. Also are Esther and Enid too cutzy for sisters? I feel like they might be because they share the same first letter and are both two-syllables.

I think I've come to the part of pregnancy where I'm going to obsess till we find out the gender and pick the name.

Thank you for reading!
    Theodore Arthur

The Esther spelling looks more complete to me. I don't like shared initials for siblings so Esther and Enid would be a no-go for me. However, some parents don't mind it. The two names are certainly from the same vintage style. The names are too serious and grownup to be considered cutesy.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by charlieandperry1; July 28th, 2014 at 03:36 PM.

Thank you for replying Mischa and charlieandperry1.

Mischa - I have always considered matching sib-sets to be cutzy even if the names give off a serious vibe. Though I'm grateful for your advice.

charlieandperry1 - I honestly didn't know there was a variant spelling till I accidentally spelt it wrong in the search. Then I was super confused on what was the right spelling. I'm glad you brought up chemistry I had forgotten about that. Thank you for your thoughts.
    Theodore Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by babyninja143 View Post
    Thank you for replying Mischa and charlieandperry1.

Mischa - I have always considered matching sib-sets to be cutzy even if the names give off a serious vibe. Though I'm grateful for your advice.

charlieandperry1 - I honestly didn't know there was a variant spelling till I accidentally spelt it wrong in the search. Then I was super confused on what was the right spelling. I'm glad you brought up chemistry I had forgotten about that. Thank you for your thoughts.
    Esther and Enid only share an initial and the names both sound like they belong to strong and capable women. Cutesy sibsets are more like...Baylie and Bellamy, Kaylie and Shaylie, Riley and Miley, Ella and Stella, Natasha and Sasha, Caytee and Kell and those tacky Kardashian sisters Kimberly, Khloe, Kourtney, Kylie and Kendall (groan)...well, I think you get the picture.
    All the best,
    Mischa.