35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Osiris Peregrine Blaise

5 14.29%
  • Osiris Loki Endymion

5 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Which Osiris combo?

This list is much shorter. We only have three but we agree on all three and love all there so this is the one we need some real help with.

Siblings would possibly be:

Damien Quillon Samwise
    Alexander Dante Griffin
    Voltaire Loki Constantine
    Roland Artemus Meriadoc
    Ulysses Warren Brage

Here's my imagery:

Osiris Raphael Blaise -- Osiris, despite the connection to the Egyptian god, is very wintery to me. He's an explorer in a cave on the side of a snowy mountain, making maps by lamplight. He's all long hair, scruffy beard, delving deep into the caves during the day and finding things never found before. Raphael adds some art in there, drawing stylized pictures on the sides of his maps of creatures he's found or crystals. Blaise brings with it a desire, a strong passion to find the end of the caverns, to find reaches that have never been explored. Something like this

Osiris Peregrine Blaise -- My explorer here is more exploring the snowy forest at the foot of the mountain, drawing beautiful pictures of the animals, the wolves hunting, the snowy rabbits. He's plotting the course of the winter birds. Blaise is the same. It's passion, a drive, fiercely proud of his work. He stays up late at night drawing and writing. Something like this

Osiris Endymion Frey -- He's on that mountain side, telescope set up. He charts the stars, the planets, the phases of the moon. He loves the night and the beauty of the universe. He practically lives in that cave, close to the moon and the stars. He hunts for his own food, is very able to take care of himself without modern things. Something like this

I would imagine our little Osiris looking like this:

1 -- 2 -- 3 -- 4

Number 4 and 3 are my favorites ^_^
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I think all three are great, but Osiris Peregrine Blaise is utterly stunning. I adore the imagery I get from this one, I love the how the three names sound together. The three names compliment and challenge each other. Osiris Peregrine Blaise, it's one of those names I want to say out loud, I want to write it, I want to know there exists an OPB in the world. And the photo is great too.

Osiris Endymion Frey is great but it's a bit flat. Redundant. There's no accent to it, no name that comes in and surprises me. And I love that so very much about all your combos, how there's a mix of the (almost) over the top, the quirky normal-ish names and the playful ones.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

1 Osiris Peregrine Blaise - I love the way the "g" breaks the straight line of the combo. I like the imagery a lot. The boy in photo three is definitely a Peregrine for me.
    2 Osiris Raphael Blaise - again, the "p" breaks up the straight line of the three names on the page. I can imagine a Raphael in photos 1,2 and 4.
    3 Osiris Endymion Frey - I don't like how this combo looks (the two y's are not ideal). I agree with Ottilie; the combo does fall strangely flat.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Thank you for the comments. ^_^ You both share similar opinions. I can see what you're both saying about Osiris Endymion Frey. Would Osiris Endymion Blaise be better or Osiris Blaise Endymion? I really quite like Osiris Endymion but if I can't find a second middle that makes the name pop...

I added a poll so now you can go add you votes. I forgot earlier >.<
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I actually think Endymion's what bothers me in this combo. Maybe because I want a Norse name in there? I think Osiris Peregrine Frey would be rather dashing.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]