Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which makes the best Ari?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ariella Ruth

21 31.82%
  • Arielle Ruth

25 37.88%
  • Arianna Ruth

20 30.30%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jem View Post
    May I suggests Ariana? I adore Ariana - and pronounce it differently to Arianna (AriAHna as opposed to AriANNa)
    They're all lovely though - you can't go wrong! Best of luck.
    Interesting. I usually pronounce both Arianna and Ariana as ah-ree-ah-nah. It didn't even occur to me people would say Anna, like banana, though I guess it should have. I find the visual aesthetic of the double-n spelling more pleasing, but it wouldn't be worth confusion over the pronunciation. Thank you!
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

Every time I start to feel a little better about using one of these (and thank you to everyone who has helped ease my mind)…

I just reviewed their entries on Nameberry. Before I really worry, does anyone know for sure how they get the suggestions for "People who like this name also like…"? I am assuming that it's based on tacking the same users' searches? Or is it less data-driven than that? Regardless, I am troubled by the some of the suggestions for Ariella and Arielle especially - Jazlynn, Majesty, Bo, Jones, Ziggy - these are exactly the type of names I think are so awful. I love the idea of a little lioness daughter called Ari who has a lovely, feminine, sophisticated formal name to fall back on. But maybe it just isn't possible.
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

I like Arianna (Ariana) best, but if you're not as thrilled by it as the other options, Ariella is my second favorite. I like the frilliness, the sweetness of it. I think that since names are diversifying so much, if it's not classic, some people (myself included, sometimes!) worry that it won't age well. I still feel like it ages well, though, and I can see a judge named Ariella. The person makes the name, not the other way around.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I know plenty of grown up Ariella's (all Jewish, like me.) They have no problem with their names. It has a nice flow, it's soft sounding (ah-ree-EL-ah), and I've never heard of it sounding like a made-up name. In fact I have a few friends and a student named Arielle also, and it also suits them very nicely. I'm less into Arianna, although I've had friends and students with that name too.

In terms of flow, I like Ariella Ruth best.

I love the nn Ari! Are you opposed to just using Ari?

It sounds like you want a Hebrew name. But you are open to names that are not of Hebrew origin? I can't tell if you love the names you posted.
    What about

Arabella
    Aria
    Araminta
    Aura
    Aurora
    Araceli
    Aira
    Proud Mama to Serena Genevieve
    Expecting Twin Boys Summer 2014

Girls: Poppy, Georgiana, Claudia, Franny, Brighton
    Boys:James, August, River, Leo, Weston, Dylan, Cal, Harrison, Beck