Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which makes the best Ari?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ariella Ruth

21 31.82%
  • Arielle Ruth

25 37.88%
  • Arianna Ruth

20 30.30%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Best of Three? Plus Opinions!

We're having a lot of trouble with girls' names. We have several we've agreed on and love, but we'd still like to find a name that will lend itself to nn Ari. We've identified pros and cons to all three options above; after awhile we're just having the same conversation over and over without any resolution. Please tell me which you prefer, what you think of each of the options, and, particularly, any concerns about any of the names.

We've run these by friends and family who aren't name gurus and we've been consistently surprised by some of the reactions. We like Arielle but hate the association with The Little Mermaid. We like Ariella, but several people have said "it sounds made up," "it's too frilly," and "it sounds ghetto." I'm also alarmed by its popularity trajectory. We are less enthused about Arianna; we'd rather go with a Hebrew name (as that's rather the point), and we love the meaning of the Hebrew Ari names but aren't excited about the meaning behind Arianna.

Thoughts and opinions would be much appreciated!
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

I think I slightly prefer Arielle Ruth.
    Maebry Eloise o Emilia Sunday o Annabel Birdie
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Gray Everett
    -------- o -------- ~ o ~ -------- o --------

heart my son

I voted for Ariella because I think name is prettier than the rest.
    Tristan Gilbert°Robin Amaury°Leon Percival°Edmund Theoderic°Finn Beowulf°Magnus Oberon°Thorin Elliot°Edric Maximilian°Emil Orlando
    Freya Elysant°Belle Seraphina°Leda Cassiopeia°Briony Rosaline°Charlotte Romilly°Lotus Dorothea°Aurora Nimue°Cecily Eliska, Mabel Celestina
    girl & boy

Arielle Ruth or Arianna Ruth would be my pick.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Ariella Ruth has the best flow for me. I love the meaning of this one, too. Don't worry too much about the criticisms-- it's often pure chance what someone has & hasn't come across, or what a name sounds like to them. My husband thinks Silas sounds made up! You know it's an authentic name with beautiful cultural roots, and you (or your little lioness!) can always tell them as much.
    Married to my best friend since 6-30-11 ♥ Mama to two herding dogs, a wooly rabbit & a purring machine

Current favorite combos for the women-to-be: Rowena Claire (Winnie) | Amabel Jane | Lilias Eve | Helene Iona (Lena)

And the little men: Theodore James (Teddy) | Cedric Muir | Jude Peregrine | Henry Alcott