Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Augustine is predominantly a male name, but I can see how the -tine ending would make it sound more feminine.
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

How about Augustyn. I think it is a pretty spelling. Love it. Also it is going to be a character in an upcoming book by A.L. Jackson. The book is called Come to Me Quietly out January 7th 2014.

I saw a little girl in a life style mag called Albertine and then days later found it in my family trees used as a female middle (in one family of 7 kids the boys were all ____ Albert and the girls ____ Albertine).
    It could be a alternative to Augustine, with a simalar feel, but actual historical use as a female name?

Ok, admittedly I am very biased on this one. But please no Augustine on a girl. It is a boys name (like mentioned previously by a poster it is the name of two saints). I call my son Augustine pretty often and really don't hear the difference in the hard G between this name and Augusta. I get that there are names like Christine with the same ending. But there is also Jonah and Norah. One is clearly boy (I pray we don't hear of any female Jonah's) and one female. Also, Constantine has the same ending and is all boy. There are so many amazing names out there for girls.
    Mom to... Augustine Mark "Augie", India Marie "Indie", Theodore Odell "Teddy" and Philippa Lee "Pippa"

Augustine is already a French feminine form of Augustinus, so I see no reason why one couldn't use it as a feminine name. Particularly seeing as how that –ine ending is often used to feminize masculine names of Latin origin (Claude/Claudine, Clement/Clementine, etc.). Although (as Mischa pointed out above), the pronunciation makes the difference.

The original Latin name of the well-known (male) theologian Augustine of Hippo is Augustinus Hipponensis. In France he is know as Augustin d'Hippone, in Germany as Augustinus von Hippo, in Italy as Agostino d'Ippona, in Spain as Agustín de Hipona. All of these non-"ine" versions sound decidedly masculine.

So, I would say, go for it and use Augustine as a feminine name if you like. But be sure to pronounce the name with a feminine "een" sound for the ending.

-- Nephele