Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Weird to Use an Irish Spelling if You're Not Irish?

I'm in love with the name Eamonn Thomas, and I think it's a wonderful name. However, I'm in no way Irish, and, (unless of course I go to Ireland) it doesn't appear that I'll be getting to have babies with an Irishman. In case that moment never happens, would it be too weird to use Eamonn if he has no/minimal Irish heritage? If yes, I'd use Edmund Thomas instead.

ps, Eamonn is said as Aim-on
    I've been staring at the hotel ceiling,
    Drinking everything I've found this evening,
    Trying to hold on to the sweetest feeling,
    So I'll never let you go, don't you leave me lonely.

I love Eamon its my favourite boys name and has been since 2008. I think its fine, I'm not Irish either I'm Scottish and English.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆

I think it would be fine, but I prefer the Eamon spelling (Is that different/Americanized?). It's a perfectly lovely name, imho.
    -lists currently under construction-

@characternamer there both legit but Eamonn is the original.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆

I love Eamon! I see no issue with it. Its already a widely accepted name, even if it isn't too popular. Just look at how many people worldwide are using Aidan!

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.