Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Weird to Use an Irish Spelling if You're Not Irish?

I'm in love with the name Eamonn Thomas, and I think it's a wonderful name. However, I'm in no way Irish, and, (unless of course I go to Ireland) it doesn't appear that I'll be getting to have babies with an Irishman. In case that moment never happens, would it be too weird to use Eamonn if he has no/minimal Irish heritage? If yes, I'd use Edmund Thomas instead.

ps, Eamonn is said as Aim-on

I love Eamon its my favourite boys name and has been since 2008. I think its fine, I'm not Irish either I'm Scottish and English.
    〜Ebs〜
    Isobel*Eloise*Matilda*Alice*Eleanor*Amelia*Elena* Mirabel* Felicity* Phoebe*Tallaulah*Eilidh*Rosalia*Roisin*Azalea*Elsa *
    Eamon*Tiago*Cooper*Jack*Jago*Flynn*Archer*Lincoln* Asher*Alfie*Taylor* Finnian* Baxter* Lawson*Jasper*Deacon*Lewis*
    babynameobsessed.wordpress.com

I think it would be fine, but I prefer the Eamon spelling (Is that different/Americanized?). It's a perfectly lovely name, imho.
    -lists currently under construction-

@characternamer there both legit but Eamonn is the original.
    〜Ebs〜
    Isobel*Eloise*Matilda*Alice*Eleanor*Amelia*Elena* Mirabel* Felicity* Phoebe*Tallaulah*Eilidh*Rosalia*Roisin*Azalea*Elsa *
    Eamon*Tiago*Cooper*Jack*Jago*Flynn*Archer*Lincoln* Asher*Alfie*Taylor* Finnian* Baxter* Lawson*Jasper*Deacon*Lewis*
    babynameobsessed.wordpress.com

I love Eamon! I see no issue with it. Its already a widely accepted name, even if it isn't too popular. Just look at how many people worldwide are using Aidan!

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Lucy, Ivy, Maya, Rosabel, Victoria, Alice, Molly, Juliet, Annabel, Sofia.
    Charlie, Arthur, William, Isaac, Noah, Finn, Vincent, Alexander, Zachary, Oscar.