Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Red face How many children did you think you wanted?

How many children did you think you wanted (e.g. as a teenager) and how many do you have now (or are planning to have now)?
    I'm 19, and grew up in a family of 3 children. I've always thought I wanted between 3 and 5 children, as I love big families. But who knows, I may end up with two or with ten!
    So what was your 'dream sibset' (I would love two girls and two boys) and how has it turned out? Are you happier with that number?
    Just curious!
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *

When I was a teenager I didn't think I would want children. I didn't see the benefits and they seemed expensive. In my twenties (and when I got married) I thought two would be nice. My wife really wanted the experience of raising a girl, and our first two are both boys, so we tried again. Now we are expecting twin girls and will definitely stop after these ones! I wasn't so sure about having a third at first, but now I feel so lucky, expenses be damned!

Growing up, I always wanted 2, a boy and girl. I only had one sibling growing up (and another I've never met) but Cody has like 7. Now, I want at least 4 of any gender. My labor was incredibly easy (8 hours total including the 45 mins of pushing) so if it stays like that, I doubt it will be hard. We're planning on trying for number 2 next year around this time. We'll stop when we feel we can't take anymore so we might end up stopping at 2 or as previously said, go to 10. Who knows? I've certainly got names enough :P For all my names I'd have to have 16 kids >.< For just my top names, I'd need 8.

As for expense, I've spent maybe $50 on Persephone since she was born. We get our formula through WIC and I haven't had to buy diapers really. She's 5 months. Most of my stuff was donated or second hand or presents. Both car seats were second hand but fairly new and don't expire for years, the crib is second hand but again, fairly new and safe. The only thing I bought new was some purple dressers for $10 a piece. So I'm not worried about that.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

@dantea: Persephone is the most beautiful name! I'm in love. I think a lot of people seem to start out wanting something similar to what they grew up with (except all the single children I know want big families!)
    I probably have enough names some days to name 30 children! Then other days something changes and I would only be able to name 3 I hope when I'm eventually a mother I learn how to be more decisive!
    @dadberry: how beautiful, two girls and two boys! It's a lot of fun growing up with a twin sister! It's perfect that the boys have each other too.
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *

I don't have kids yet (and I'm not planning on having them anytime soon!) but I believe that God will decide how many I have. But if I had to choose a number...I'd want 4. Two boys, and two girls.
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)