Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    @saracita00 - I feel like that would be a great solution! Just what would I use? I had planned to use Pearl or June in honor of my sister (June is her birth month), but I really don't like June or Pearl in any spot except for the very last possible spot, if that makes sense--I am really not too fond of Lilia June Amelie or Lilia Pearl Amelie (although I like Pearl more than June here). Lilia is already honoring my grandmother, but I don't honor my sister terribly much on my list, so I figured if I had the opportunity, I should take it. (Which brings up another idea--Lilia Rebecca? Lilia Rebecca Eve, maybe, or Lilia Rebecca Amelie, or Lilia Amelie Rebecca? For some reason I feel that Lilia Amelie Rebecca works better than Lilia Amelie June or Lilia Amelie Pearl? It sort of breaks up all the "ill" and "ee" sounds because of the harsher "bec" sound, maybe? Either way, this is giving me more options... (Lilia Amelie June, Lilia Amelie Pearl, Lilia Amelie Rebecca, Lilia Rebecca Eve...)

@ahtemom - thanks for the suggestion! I almost convinced myself that it could be a great option, and then I remember how much I hate Pearl up front.

I looked it up on forvo, and apparently in France, it's mostly said more like AH-mee-lee, as opposed to ah-MILL-ee? Does Lilia AH-mee-lee sound any better? At least, it's not sounding as bad to my own ears... Regardless, I'm still very much in love with Lilia Amelie.

Anyone else want to weigh in?

I love it, it sounds almost musical! Beautiful combo. I really, really like it. Lots of great potential nicknames, too

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 03:17 PM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Quote Originally Posted by saracita00 View Post
    I had no idea what to suggest in that spot, I was afraid of upsetting another of your combos! I do think that AMelee is easier to say than aMILLee. I generally try to avoid names ending in a vowel next to a name that starts with a vowel. Amelie Rebecca Lilia would probably give you the best flow out of these particular names. Amelie Reba Lily? That's pretty, I know a Rebekah who goes by Reba. What about your sister's middle name?
    Eileen. Which I rather hate, honestly. It's important for me to honor family, but I won't use a family name I hate, haha. I hear Eileen is a Scottish form of Helen, so I suppose any Helen(a) variant would work--Eleni is my favorite. And I have Eleni on my list for her, but I'm not sure I can imagine using Eleni as a middle. I suppose I could use Lilia Eleanor, but I have only heard it rumored Eleanor is a form of Helen?

And, hahaha, I think my sister would disown me if I used Reba in her honor! She absolutely hates it (I tried to nickname her that once--I thought it was rather cool).

I'm open to any ideas you have. Here's a link to my full list, so you can avoid names I've already used, if you wish. There are about half a dozen flower names I've been wanting to get on my list, but I don't know if I'd really like to use them with Lilia? Daisy and Zinnia are my favorites, lately. www.babynames.com/namelist/9683212 And meh, my Charlotte combo isn't exactly set, so feel free to suggest Olive or Jane variants, if you like. I've thought of Lilia Jane Amelie, but I'm not to sure about it... I like the other options more, honestly.

ETA: I rather like the idea of Lilia Ruby, in honor of my other sister (and grandmother)--who have Ruth in their names, but I'm not sure what I'd do for a second middle. Lilia Amelie Ruby sounds kind of stupid, and I don't like the alliteration of Ruby Rebecca/Rebecca Ruby.

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 03:18 PM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.