Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Does Lilia Amelie sound ridiculous?!

I've stumbled upon it today and am completely smitten. Amelie was my best friend's name; as many know (or at least, some might remember), she passed away a couple years ago. I've always been super picky about where I use her name, so I generally opt for a derivative of a nn she had gotten from her grandfather (Fleur). However, I'm really loving the dainty sweetness of Lilia Amelie, and I like the whole combo I had in mind (Lilia Amelie Pearl). However, she pronounced her name as ah-MILL-ee; so I have always said it that way--does LIL-ee-ah ah-MILL-ee just sound ridiculous? I'm really loving the combo--it's my favorite I've come across so far--but does it just sound bad?

At this point, I'm not really settled on anything, and I'm also quite loving Lilia Georgiana (for my undying love for Pride and Prejudice), but Lilia Amelie is definitely most meaningful to me, and I'm just wondering how usable it really is. Is it cartoonish?

Thanks, ladies!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

You know how I feel. And Lilia Amelie Pearl is gorgeous also.

Maebry Eloise o Piers Lachlan
    Emma ? o Lily ? o Grace ?
    Charlie Hawthorne o Jack Wilder o Finn Archer
    -------------- o -------------- o ---------------

heart my son

It's two very wonderful and sweet names put together, and usually that turns out well, but I think Lilia Amelie is a little too heavy on the l's.
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 03:17 PM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Lilia Pearl Amelie would break up the repeating sounds, and it is gorgeous <3
    Mom to 4
    Suffering the recent miscarriage of Baby Boy Job