Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Trying to think of a nickname cuter than Winnie, but having trouble. Tansy?

Tanith nn Tansy
    or Titania nn Tansy.

Tanith Aurora Melusine
    Tanith Aurelia Melusine
    would be very mermaidy.
    Tanith Callisto Bellatrix

Titania Pareerou Vespertine (fairies leaping by the light of the moon?)

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Ren; Caspienne is the name of the Caspian sea in French, so just as much a name as Caspian is.
    Except...masculine Caspian does have literary use, for what it's worth.

I've printed the list & the "categories" you're thinking! Be back later...........
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Emma; Tanith is pretty! And Titania too. Tansy's too close to pansy though... I love Titania Pareerou Vespertine!!

Sarah; oh, I agree about that, I was talking about it from Ren's point of view, I was not saying bad things about Caspian... or Caspienne. They're both so close to Casper that they're "real" in my eyes. Can't wait to see what you'll be back with...
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Eowyn is my favorite from your list. I also love Aurora! I adore celestial names, but Harry Potter has ruined Bellatrix as a baby name for me. She's an interesting character, but overall she gives off a negative, evil vibe that I wouldn't want to put on my child. If you're going with unique literary names, there are so many better ones out there that aren't villains. Besides, every other girl these days seems to have the nickname "Bella".

Some more suggestions from me: Hermione, Arwen, Luna, Lyra, Elara, Andromeda, Cassiopeia, Ariadne, Rowena, Arya, Keladry, Eleri, Athena, Minerva..

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Sarah; oh, I agree about that, I was talking about it from Ren's point of view, I was not saying bad things about Caspian... or Caspienne. They're both so close to Casper that they're "real" in my eyes. Can't wait to see what you'll be back with...
    Oh yes, no worries, I couldn't remember if Ren counts literary use as a "real name" or not so that's why I was commenting.

Okay so I'm all cozy with my feet up and Quinn-the-Eskimo merrily kicking me, printouts of the list and a pencil, and notes. So here's what I think:

My personal favorites:
    Eowyn. Because she IS seriously awesome and will never, ever be intimidated by big sister being a goddess.
    Bellatrix. If you don't mind the HP thing, I think you should go for it. I love this name. A lot.
    Cosima. She's celestial and gorgeous and fiery and feisty. And won't be intimidated, either.
    Rossetti. This sounds pretty. It's unexpected. It's special to you and your Husband. And she sounds like she'll kick tail too if she wants to.
    Isis. Last pick, but she's understated and strong because of it.

Nominations (in order of preference):

Underwater girl: Nyneve, Ondine, Atalanta

Celestial girl: Cosima, Bellatrix, Aurora (and I think if you put these three together in a combo you'd have this one wrapped up).

Seafaring girl: Venelia, Tempestas, Heleyne

Mountain girl: Vespertine, Nyx, Polyhymnia, Esmeralda (because apparently this girl is green and whispering through the mountains at night).

I'm not sure how to classify most of my personal favorites. Eowyn as the mountain girl, maybe? In which case she would obliterate all the others and I'd suggest Eowyn Esmeralda Vespertine as a combo. I don't know where to put Rossetti, her art is romantic and a bit sensual, I think she fits with Dita but not really with any of these categories you're trying to fill here. Isis, again a romantic category with Rossetti.

Hope you find what you're looking for soon! You've really been run around in circles with this one.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.