Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Dantea Aurora Bellatrix

So glad you like Clytemnestra! And, oh, what wonderful nickname- opportunities you'll have! I totally get the Arachne- thing. I have the worst phobia myself, but I think the name flows so easily off the tounge and it has a dark feeling I'm attracted to. Maybe some spiderlovers out there will get to use it

Looking forward to the updated list! This is my favorite hobby atm.

You're list is hard to tackle. There are many great names but, the ones that stood out for me were Cosima, Eowyn, Ondine. I think any of them would be great first names and match their sister well. I really like Winnie as a nn for Eowyn. Hopefully you can narrow it down with your Husband so it's easier to help you see the clear winners.
    Theodore Arthur

Sofia; yes, Nyx is sweet.

Dina; oh, never worry. We're making progress, lost some, added some! You can comment later...

rkrd; Dantea's sweet, but I like Dante for a boy more...

Pernille; haha, yes maybe some spider lovers will use it! Clytemnestra's beautiful, I love the sound, but it's so tragic... like really sad. But I do love the sound!

Babyninja; oh yes it is. I know, too many names. Thanks for chiming in!

Husband went through the list last night, and then again this morning. We've narrowed it down a lot, added some and here are the results:

Andromeda
    Bellatrix
    Cosima
    Eostre
    Éowyn
    Hesperia
    Hortensia or Ortensia
    Melusine
    Morrigan
    Nyneve
    Ourania
    Pandora
    Polymnia
    Ursula
    Vespertine or Vesperina
    Xantippe

Oh, and I really love Desdemona... It's sooo beautiful, and when I think about it, it's no worse than other tragic ladies. Not really? She didn't do anything wrong. And Othello's a great play.

"safe" names are Ceridwen, Morgana, Sylvestra and Tinúviel. Husband doesn't want two Tolkien names. He doesn't want two -wen names. So, I guess it should be easy to take Éowyn off. But I think I love her more than Ceridwen? I'm also worried Husband will say no to Nuvs, I'm not sure it's namey enough for him.

They're fitting into certain categories for me:
    one - dramatic underwater names: Andromeda, Ourania, Pandora
    two - lighter underwater names: Melusine, Nyneve
    three - stars and snow: Cosima, Hesperia, Vespertine/Vesperina
    four - sea farers: Polymnia, Xantippe (Desdemona)
    five - battle maidens: Bellatrix, Morrigan (Bellatrix's also starry, Morrigan's stormy and ocean like)
    six - rolling hills, gumption and romance: Eostre, Éowyn, Hortensia/Ortensia
    seven: garden-dwellers: Hesperia, Hortensia/Ortensia, Polymnia (yes, they're double acts)

Ceridwen fits in no 3, she's a snow girl
    Morgana's cliffs and storms
    Sylvestra's gothic forests, wolves and ravens
    Tinúviel's faeries, dancing and exploring
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I like lots on your new list! I think you should keep (for first names or middles)...

Andromeda
    Bellatrix
    Cosima
    Eowyn
    Hesperia
    Hortensia
    Melusine
    Ourania
    Pandora
    Polyhymnia
    Ursula
    Vespertine