Names Searched Right Now:
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    I know I am rubbish at suggesting names for you, my taste is so plain compared to yours I don't know where to start. But here are a few names you might like.

***excuse any repeats or the fact that the lists are in backwards alphabetical order, I am reading off lists.***

Zenovia
    Zosime - if you weren't sure on Cosima, I found this similar Greek name.
    Xanthippe
    Tisiphone
    Theodosia
    Theophania
    Theophylline
    Talitha
    Syntyche
    Sibylla
    Satryion
    Sapphira
    Phyllida
    Polyxene
    Penelopeia
    Oinone
    Ourania
    Myrine
    Melpomene
    Minthe
    Melaine/Melaina
    Calligeneia/Kalligeneia
    Iolanthe
    Ioulia
    Iphigenia
    Iris
    Ismene
    Ianthe
    Hypatia
    Iezabel - this was spelt like this in a Greek list.
    Ilithyia
    Ioanna
    Eutropia
    Euthalia
    Euterpe
    Euphêmê
    Euphrosyne
    Elektra
    Dionysia
    Dianthe
    Delphinia
    Chrysanthe
    Bethania
    Athene
    Atalante
    Astreia
    Ariadne
    Apollonia
    Acantha
    Glykeria
    Evanna
    Evadne

Here are a bunch of names from a Norwegian site, so I'm not sure of a lot of the pronunciations or if they are originally Norwegian, sorry 'bout that.

Åshilde
    Åselene
    Åsbera
    Valdine
    Ursula
    Ursine
    Ursille
    Ulvarna
    Ulrikke
    Tørla
    Tykone
    Turilde
    Trinelise
    Torvalda
    Teoline
    Teodine
    Tatyana/Tatjana
    Taraldine
    Sønneva/Synneva
    Sylvian
    Roxanne/Roxana
    Rosita
    Rosine
    Rosaura
    Romina
    Petrine
    Petronella
    Peolive
    Olydia
    Olufine
    Olsine
    Nilske
    Maxine
    Matter
    Marenanna
    Magdelone
    Ivrina
    Ivrike
    Ivarna
    Ingrid
    Ingnora
    Ingerlise
    Ingerline
    Hermanda
    Faustina
    Evlalia
    Estrid
    Desideria

An extra two:
    Oana (prn Wah-Nah)
    Sidonie (nn Sadie?)

From your lists I really love Éowyn, Isis & Esmeralda. Esmeralda is dreamy. I love Esmeralda so much. And Éowyn. And Isis. Ah, I just love them all.

Well, I hope I have helped out a teeny bit, I'm feeling pretty sick & tired today, probably what someone would feel like if the got run over by a truck. Not exactly the best.

Mina.
    Jude, blackbird.

Aleka // Audrey // Cass // Chloe // Edia // Etta // Frances // India // Margot // Marian // Miranda // Molly // Rosi // Samantha // Stephanie
    Carey // Dot // Este // Leslie // Petra // Sasha // Tavi // Twila

I'm really out of suggestions, but I'm still voting for something like Valkyria to go with Aphrodite. Aphrodite and Valkyria. Übercool.

Crushing on
    ♥ Rosa ♥ Milvie ♥ Elsie ♥ Flora ♥ Inga ♥ Adele ♥ Fionn ♥ Odin ♥ Ingo ♥ Thore ♥ Ellis ♥ Vilme ♥

among others

~ From Sweden - Feel free to ask if you want to know anything about Swedish names! ~

Molly; there are lots of Bella's out there, but Bella's cute, it doesn't bother me. And Bellatrix is a treasure trove of nicknames, so many to choose from.
    From your suggestions I love Arwen, but this is way too close to my nephew's name. Andromeda is beautiful, and Hermione, Rowena and Minerva too. Thank you!

Sarah; great top five, all of these survived Husband's scanning. Love the Eowyn comment, and I agree. Eowyn is awesome. Love how you divided them up, they were really only guidelines - things I'm attracted to. Rossetti kind of falls in the Illyria category for me, meadows of lavender, honeysuckle and wild rose bushes, laughter, sunshine, rabbits. White cotton broderie anglaise dresses, pink silk ribbons in blonde pigtails coming undone... Eowyn Esmeralda Vespertine is really pretty, I like it. And Cosima, Bellatrix and Aurora definitely go very well together. Thanks for all your opinions, I hope we'll find the name soon too. Running around in circles and circles again and again...

Niamh; Eowyn and Aurora do sound lovely together, it's just not completely right in my head...

Boyandgirl; thanks, yes it has developed a bit. Thanks for picking out your favourites.

MummaMel; yes, I think Clemency's lovely as a first as well. She's more quiet and subdued but I like that about her. Thanks for weighing in.

Lexie; a pm is coming your way! thanks for all the comments, especially the excitement about Morrigan! I really love love love Morrigan, it's dark and velvety, a bit spooky and very sexy. Bellatrix, yes it's underused yet familiar. It's kind of the right balance, I want something people will get - like Dita's name - not something she'll have to spell out and explain all her life. The similarity to Beatrice is actually a plus, I know I originally used it for Dita but it was the first to go off, even though it's a big love of mine. I love the associations for Beatrice in paintings and literature. Excited to see that you like Libertas, I think it's so beautiful. And Hippolyta and Zinelor! Always makes me happy to see some love for these. Vespertine is stunning, and I keep coming back to it. It's so frozen and good. I hear what you say about Cassandra. And Polyhymnia too for that matter, but I just love my little Polly so much. What you say about Isis is Husband's concern too, he feels like we'd fall into a deity theme. Zohreh... yeah I hear you. Too much Venus. Thanks so much!!

Sessh; yeah, no I' not taking any of the names off the list, I just wanted to clarify why I need more names. In addition to me being crazy, of course. Okay, to your comments... Aurora, yes, she might be too sweet or something. I'd probably use it as a middle, and she does sound great with Morgana. Morgana Circe Aurore is stunning, but Circe is in my Tinuviel combo... and Aurora I like most of all with Vespertine (if this goes on my list). Bellatrix would get two really good and amazing middles, like Astraea, Freyja, Laetitia - something like that. Cosima - she's close to Casimir but Casimir is not my number one choice for a boy. My boy list is pretty much ranked and Cass is in the fifth spot... So I'm not going to let that stop me. More excitement about Eowyn!! Yay! yes, she's perfect, the best namesake ever and Winnie!! I hear you (and everyone else) on Nyx. Pairing her with Sylvestra is intriguing and unexpected. Soraya is beautiful, but it's either her or Sylvestra and I think Sylvestra will win out. I love Sylvestra too much to let her go. Tinuviel Soraya Something would be beautiful.
    Melusine and Morgana/Morrigan doesn't bother me that much. The m-sound feels different, like Theoden and Tinuviel doesn't bother me. It's also so different than all the others in the feeling I get; Melusine is water and grace, Morgana's stormy and waves. Very different. Morrigan loses the sorceress but gains the warrior-aspect. She's witchy though, a triple-goddess and she's Irish - I adore Irish mythology but most of the names don't do it for me. Or are too sad (like Deirdre... ). Not commenting on your no-list as it all makes perfect sense. And I'm excited you like Alcyone and Atalanta so much, I need to use two somewhere, even if they won't be firsts. Thanks for a very thorough reply!

Jasmine; oh, no, sick and tired? I hope you'll feel better! Do you read lists from the back as well? I always scroll to the bottom and work my way up. From your suggestions I like: Zosime, Xanthippe (Husband won't go for this though), Theophania (but I've got Theoden on my boy list), Sibylla, Polyxene, Penelopeia (Husband will say no), Melpomene, Iris (middle), Ismene (middle), Euphrosyne (Husband dislikes), Elektra (middle), Chrysanthe (middle), Ariadne, Apollonia (husband strongly dislikes this one), Synneva (middle) and Faustina (middle). Thanks so much!

Svea; Valkyria is really pretty, and I do like it, but Husband thinks it's stupid. Valkyrie names Mist and Kara are on my middle list though!!

Husband went through the list last night, I'm going to post the results in a bit I just need to run some of these new suggestions by him.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Nyx would be so cute. I've just fallen in love with that name !! xx

Ottilie, dear, I'm neglecting you horribly. I'm waiting for your husband-revised update and then ill comment back!
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014