Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I'm also in Australia along with Jem and emiliana and I agree with everything they have said except what Jem said about the crea8iv spelling thing..I realise it does mostly occur in the 'lower class' but there are also many families I have come across who would not be classified as in the 'lower class' who decided to change their childs' name spelling. One particular example is a 3 year old named Jorja which I think is an awesome alternative and actually like the name rather than seeing a masculine 'Georgia' (Totally my opinion only though..).

Names I hear everywhere I go:
    Samantha
    Liam
    Nathan (Have known 5 from school till now)
    Emily
    Hannah
    Sarah
    William
    Jessica (I work with 4 at the moment!)
    Jason
    James
    Adam
    Jamie
    Jasmine
    Chelsea
    Isabelle/Isabella
    Matthew
    Thomas
    Joshua (Counted 7 all together)
    Dylan (Countless..)
    Emma
    Brittany
    Lucy
    Natalie
    Jesse
    David
    Ashley/Ashlee/Ashleigh (know 2, 2, 3)
    Although this is just a list from people I know with popular names I am sure the pattern follows somewhat throughout the country. I live in Western Australia so I guess names would vary according to state also, but here you go. Jem already answered all the other stuff so I thought i'd just leave this list

I'm also in Aus (WA) I agree with the other Aussies mostly about all the common names, don't really experience too much "class" prejudice with names, except for "yooneek" spellings which people turn their nose up at/look down on sometimes if it's quite bad. I'm not sure if this is a personal thing but there's a lot of names I wouldn't use because of our accent. Examples:
    Asher: sounds like ash-uh
    Honor/Honour: o-nuh (short o, like in hot)
    Ryder: Rye-duh
    They just don't sound as good, especially Honor, it sounds pretty bad in our accent.

A baby name I hear all the time: Lily and all her variations. Soo many little Lily's running around. Also hearing more and more Isla's.

Loving this thread but I'm a UK berry so can't really reply but I'd like to bump the thread. One thing I will say is about private school names. Lots of the names that are popular on here or in America are unusual cool names are what I would call a 'private school name'. This list includes Penelope, Clementine, Matilda and Beatrice/Beatrix. I also believe that America are slightly behind England on the naming front. They see Scarlett, Ruby, Eloise as cool, unusual and a bit quirky and in England they are already established and moving up the charts. Especially boys names like Alfie and Archie. So, there is even quite a big difference between the UK and USA.

Here are the top names in Saskatchewan, we don't have one for all of Canada just each province.

Top 10 Boys:
    Liam
    Ethan
    Carter
    William
    Mason
    Lucas
    Noah
    Hudson
    Jacob
    Owen

Top 10 Girls:
    Emma
    Olivia
    Ava
    Emily
    Brooklyn
    Lily
    Sophia
    Abigail
    Ella
    Sophie

I have been keeping track, here's a document of the past 5 years
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Auntie to Connor Douglas (June 2012) & Parker Isabella (Oct 2013)

~*Ariadne*Celeste*Esmé*Deirdre*Linnéa*~
    ~*Cian*Everett*Julian*Soren*Theodore*~

My full list here. Please comment and I'll comment on yours
    I believe that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

(Not currently expecting or TTC)

I don't have any official name data for Bangladesh, but I've noticed some things.

The more "high class" people usually have a "bhalo nam" (literally "good name") and a "dak nam" (nickname). The bhalo nam is the legal name. It is often an Arabic name for Muslims, and it's almost always longer than the dak nam.

The dak nam is used by family and friends, and is almost never related to the bhalo nam. Someone's dak nam may be connected to a physical attribute or personality trait, or it may just be a name that the parents like. A trend I've noticed in dak nams is using the names of "poetic" objects and things, like Brishti ("rain"), Koli ("flower bud"), Tuli ("paintbrush"), etc.
    Favorite names right now:

Calypso Ivy Hazel Marisol Sienna Hermione Cecelia Juliet Imogen

Leo Zedekiah Felix Lucas Alexander Liam Benjamin