Names Searched Right Now:
Page 65 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
    I love Tesla! It gives sweet Dulcinea an edge that I love.

Dulcinea Tesla Iverine is great and I don't know if I'd care that much about the initials. Do people with 2 middle names always use all 4 initials?

Quote Originally Posted by saracita00 View Post
    @emma - Telsa too hipster? Aw, that's kind of sad, I think it's my front-runner at the moment (for what that is worth). I kinda like Dulcinea Tesla Iverine, Tesla sounds more edgy than Dagny to me, though really either one qualify. I don't think Sadie quite hits the sweet spot. I could simplify and go back to the looking for a one-syllable name, but I did that weeks ago and didn't anything thrilling. I'm so annoyed that we used Donald last time (and it was a colossal headache for me to work it into the combo) because Dulcinea Dawn Iverine would be fine. But it would be silly to use the same grandfather's name twice in a row. I do agree that something playful there would probably be just the thing, I liked Piper a lot but argh about all the ER with Iverine and the surname. I think I'm Officially Too Picky. :-(
    Sorry to be a squelcher. Tesla SOUNDS lovely... Are you related to Nikola Tesla? Do you come from a long line of electricians? If yes, then go right ahead. Otherwise, it makes me think of mustachioed Brooklyn people with top hats and gears for buttons. Dawn would be nice.. Seems like you're going for a bright sunny vibe (between Tesla's electric light, Daisy the "day's eye" and Dagny "new day." How about just Day? I like its purity. Not edgy enough for you?

Dulcinea Day Iverine

Okay, FINALLY got all my thoughts out here...

Dulcinea Iverine- I feel like Iverine is too soft and frilly and marshmallowy without a really strong name, the opposite of froufrou, something almost imposing. I like it with Dagny (see below), but not as a single middle for Dulcinea.

Dulcinea Roxanne- The fact that you're keeping this on despite your husband's reluctance, unlike other names you've taken off because of him, probably indicates you really do love it. Personally, while I like most Rose variants, I find this sounds a little harsh. Would you consider Rosanne? I also love Rosaline (I say rose-uh-line) here.

Dulcinea Tesla- Tesla seems very sci-fi-ish, better suited for a character in a futuristic movie with supercool technology rather than a person. It makes me think of Techna from Winx Club (my sister used to love that show), so I imagine a girl with that kind of spunky personality and slightly geeky intelligence (but still cool). It also makes me think of George Tesman from Hedda Gabler, not a bad association though.

Dulcinea Willow- there's nothing wrong with this combo. It's perfectly fine, but I feel like it's just that, fine. Willow doesn't have the same spark as many of your other picks.

Not fond of Nicola, Lucy, or Truth, so don't particularly like those combos.

Dulcinea Dagny Iverine- I admit I wasn't too fond of this at first, but it's grown on me. The strong, solid, sharp lines and angles of Dagny balance out and create a great contrast with the sweet-as-sugar flowiness (as in something that flows out continuously, haha) and lacy satin flounces of Iverine. Dulcinea is pink and princessy and girly, cupcakes topped with swirls of frosting and those dot things. But she's got a solid core; the sounds of this name are quite strong and unwavering. It's a lot of name but I somehow feel like a girl with this name would be able to wear it- she'd make it work for her. And Daisy is so sweet and down-to-earth that I think it'd work.

Dulcinea Sarah Iverine- Funny, I distinctly remember thinking "why not use Sarah somewhere? maybe Dulcinea Sarah Iverine?" at some point. Like Dagny, Sarah is solid and strong and unfrilly enough (while still being feminine, moreso than Dagny) to "anchor" Iverine. Sarah makes the combo much more down-to-earth, a more understated beauty and femininity, as opposed to the more dramatic and attention-grabbing Dulcinea Dagny Iverine. The family connections are wonderful. In my opinion it's not about balance, it's about using names you love. And with three other children, not just Eve and Dulcinea/Daisy, it's even less of an issue. I always feel with sibsets that the more children you have, the less noticeable it generally becomes when some but not all of their names share a certain thing.

Dulcinea Tesla Iverine- The images and vibes I get from Tesla and Iverine are so different, I feel like they clash a little.

Do you like Dulcinea Rosalind Sarah or Dulcinea Rosalind Scarlett? Rosalind is romantic and charming and warm, spunky and loveable. She's one of my favourite Shakespeare characters. Sarah goes really well here and personally I'd love to share my mum's name (well, if I liked her name more). Scarlett, as you know, is one of my favourites and the Scarlett O'Hara connection is a great one- her determination and persistence is definitely something to aspire to, and I feel like her flaws is a reminder that humans aren't perfect. Two "red" names may be a bit much though? But in general, I just love the playful-but-sophisticated sound of Dulcinea Rosalind Sarah and Dulcinea Rosalind Scarlett!
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; March 10th, 2014 at 06:54 PM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; March 10th, 2014 at 06:54 PM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.