Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

The Search Recommences

February 5 -

Still really liking Dulcinea Tesla! It isn't a name I would have put together on my own, and I might not even pull it out of a lineup (i.e. "which of these combos do you like" queries), but I'm happy that it uses names that BOTH my husband and I really like, and it doesn't seem to be a "choose the least of evils" proposition for either party. Which is really what I was hoping for and didn't think we could actually find! Somewhere around the forums I saw an idea to do up a birth announcement at a place like tinyprints.com, and tried it out last week. As soon as I saw it finished with the surname I was like, oh yes, this is the right name. It "feels right" for OUR baby, and for THIS baby. Yeah!

As a "backup pick" I have Daisy Tesla Iverine, which is really stylistically more along the lines of something that I would do on my own. I really like the spunky rhythm of it -- but it has those rotten initials and would lose that romantic song (and leave her with a Bicycle Built For Two only, argh, and yes, it has been mentioned). I'm keeping it in my back pocket for that 1% chance that I'm just totally way off base and we need a different "feel" for the overall name. I've never actually managed to come up with a second, "different feel" option before, but it makes me feel more relaxed.

Due in four weeks! If I freak about the name, as I've done soooo many times before at the end of a pregnancy, I'm at least braced for it this time, ha!

I can't say how much I've appreciated all the discussion, suggestions, thoughts, comments, and general sounding-board listening of the Berry community over the past several months. Thank you, all!
    Last edited by saracita00; February 5th, 2014 at 08:27 PM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Dulcinea- this is sweet, charming, and vintage-chic. dainty and girly, it makes me think of flowers. I'd say "dul-sin-ee-ah" or "dul-seen-ee-ah". Daisy totally works as a nickname
    Iverine- not a fan of the name myself, but sweet to honour your grandmother and I like that you've loved it so long! Erin or Rina could be used as a NN if you need one
    Dagny- this seems a bit masculine to me, but fresh and crisp. I have no idea who Dagny Taggart is
    Magnolia- I love this name! I have a stuffed panda named Magnolia, nn Maggie. I think of magnolia flowers and beautifully dressed southern belles, very prim and proper but lighthearted and pleasant and friendly
    Isolde- as long as you don't later name a son Tristan, you'd be fine. The name feels very wintery, strong and regal, like a snow queen.
    Iolanthe- people learn to spell all kinds of names. it's lovely and unique and fresh
    Esmeralda- I haven't read Hunchback of Notre Dame so I wouldn't have made the connection. strong but delicate, vintage with a bit of a Victorian vibe
    Quenilda- I'm not a fan of Q names, but I like the medieval vibe
    Svala- cute and peppy, unusual but easy to catch on to since it's short and phonetically spelled

Hmm, what do you think of:
    Melisande
    Aurelia
    Scarlett (didn't you say you loved this?)
    Ingrid
    Margrethe (Ingrid Margrethe nn Ingaret? very Scandinavian and royal)
    Helena
    Adelaide
    Cosima
    Corliss
    Amaranthe
    Victoire
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Portia, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

My favourites from your list are Esmeralda, Magnolia, Isolde, and Dulcinea. Yes, some people may not get Dulcinea's pronunciation at first, but they'll learn, and using Daisy is so sweet. I think I like Magnolia and Isolde the best with your other kids' names.

Iverine is lovely, but you have three boys' names ending in 'ine, 'ian, and 'an so I thought perhaps a differing ending would work better and not leave your other daughter feeling like the odd one out.

I'm torn on Dagny because I like the name, but it does automatically make me think of the book (which I've only read once, ages ago). Adding a "T" last name would definitely be too close for me.... BUT it's a great name.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Veronica ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

(Still) trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

My favorites from your list are:

Dagny
    Dulcinea
    Magnolia

I think Dulcinea is nice with nn Daisy. I also like Magnolia and Iverine with the sibset. The others aren't my style, so I don't feel equipped to comment. Good luck!
    Mom to Emberlee Shea. Expecting #2 Aug 2014.