Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    I really love Isolde. I definitely don't think it's too "Tristan & Isolde". It's light, delicate, but somehow strong; and really, really beautiful. Isolde is so perfect!
    I'm twenty with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Lysander *

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; February 20th, 2014 at 10:53 AM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Dagny's my favorite, but I like Dagmar even more. Iverine's kind of wild - I like that it looks like wolverine!

I vote for Dulcinea by a mile! It's dreamy and swoon-worthy and I love the nn Daisy with it...Eve Anastasia and Dulcinea Quinn! Or Dulcinea Iverine, Dulcinea Ingaret, Dulcinea Isolde, Dulcinea Vienne, etc.... I like a pp's suggestion of Dagny Dulcinea, nn Daisy, too, but it almost seems like the nn Daisy is sort of superfluous at that point. And a charming nn that is derived from the name but unexpected is the cherry on top of the perfect name sundae in my book! I also think that Dagny is a bit 'heavy' sounding compared to big sis Eve...that's just my opinion, but I'm not sure they're the most intuitive pairing to my ears, though in essence I do think the name has quite a bit of pluck. I love Iverine but think it's too close to Eve. I very much like Magnolia, Isolde, Iolanthe (no harder as far as pronunciation, recognition, etc.. than some of your other actual children's names, imo), Ingaret, and Svala. I actually knew a girl named Svea, which I always thought was gorgeous (of course it's Swedish, though). Quenilda is not my personal fave, but I do LOVE the nn Queenie on a girl...(.I know, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I happen to adore it). Esmeralda I think I would LOVE on an actual little girl if I met her and was introduced, but just on sound and image alone it would be behind your other choices, imo. Also - I would not worry so much about the 'Dul' in Dulcinea - dull is a word that is not known by most very small children, and in my opinion, the greatest potential for unbearable teasing happens if a name screams out something unfortunate right when the kids first learn how to socialize. And most any name can be hacked up somehow....(Dogny, etc..) Overall I think you have a lovely list going! Here's hoping your hubby likes some of them!

If Esmerelda is too heavy and too 'Hunchback', WDYT of Esme? I've long loved it (I read a book about 10 years ago with a 10-year-old book-loving Esme, can't get that out of my head) and it has such beautiful meaning.
    I wonder about Marian for you - she's pretty but has a strong character (I think of Robin Hood).
    Clea?
    Electra?
    Ondine?
    Isla?
    Astoria?
    Anais?
    I'm twenty with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Lysander *