Names Searched Right Now:

What kind of girl would a Cosima be?

Hi, I'm just asking this question out of interest.. I love the name Cosima, but I've never met anyone named it.

When you hear the name Cosima, what kind of girl comes to mind?

I think of gentle, slim, educated girl. Picture her being quiet and reading some book.
    Tristan Gilbert°Robin Amaury°Leon Percival°Edmund Theoderic°Finn Beowulf°Magnus Oberon°Thorin Elliot°Edric Maximilian°Emil Orlando°Roscoe Lucius
    Freya Marigold°Belle Seraphina°Leda Cassiopeia°Briony Rosaline°Charlotte Romilly°Lotus Dorothea°Aurora Nimue°Cecily Eliska°Mabel Celestina°Gaia Melisende
    girl & boy
    funky-clunky/historical-mythological

Cosima is the name of the pretty, brainy, and geeky PhD biology student in the science fiction television series Orphan Black. Cosima is one of several roles played by actress Tatiana Maslany (who plays different clones of herself in the series). It's an intriguing and entertaining series that explores the ethics of human cloning.

I've really become quite fond of the name Cosima due to the series I'm watching. Also, the character of Cosima was named after a real-life Cosima who serves as a science consultant for the series.

-- Nephele

Quote Originally Posted by nephele View Post
    Cosima is the name of the pretty, brainy, and geeky PhD biology student in the science fiction television series Orphan Black. Cosima is one of several roles played by actress Tatiana Maslany (who plays different clones of herself in the series). It's an intriguing and entertaining series that explores the ethics of human cloning.

I've really become quite fond of the name Cosima due to the series I'm watching. Also, the character of Cosima was named after a real-life Cosima who serves as a science consultant for the series.
    I think of the character from Orphan Black as well. Tatiana Maslany is a phenomenal actress, and she really makes the name for me. I'd never given Cosima much thought until I started watching the show, but I've grown to really like it.

The name Cosima itself is dark, mysterious, and sensuous to me. Cosima is like starry nights, velvet, and silk. I see rich hues of purple, blue, and indigo. It's a bit shimmery too...
    Last edited by southern.maple; November 1st, 2013 at 07:22 PM.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James Alexander
    ♀ | Jane Anne Helen Caroline Phoebe Georgia Gwen Sylvie

I see a nerdy girl with knobby knees glasses and her head in a book. The kind that doesn't really blossom until college.

I see a girl who collects lady bugs from the garden. Who knows how to find the North Star. But who probably couldn't throw a softball to save her life.

I see someone for whom high school will never be the best years of their life. But who college and beyond will hold wonders for.

She doesn't seem like a house wife. She seems like the anthropologist that goes to Africa to study the post conflict Sudan. She seems like the astronomer that studies the night skies in a desert in Columbia because the skies are clearer there.

She brainy, adventurous, and patient. She has a good idea of the big picture and her place in it.

A very cool name.
    Last edited by blackcatsmeow; November 2nd, 2013 at 10:42 AM.