Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does Liv still sound like a stand-alone name?

Not just to Berry ears, but to the rest of the world? Does the plethora of Olivias make Liv sound like just a nickname? Do you think many of the Olivias are going by Liv anyway?

I love the name. Short and spunky is just my style. While I'm not overly concerned about popularity, I would draw the line at the megapopular names like Olivia, so I'm wondering if Liv is still usable for me.

In Norway Liv is beginning to come back and it's not just limited to aunts and grandmothers anymore. While I don't know what's going on in the US, here it's always stood on its own and never been a nn for Olivia. And, also, if you didn't already know "liv" is the Norwegian word for "life". So that's a plus, rights?

I don't know any Olivias who go by Liv, at least not yet. Maybe when they're older?

Whether or not Liv works as a stand-alone, IMO, really depends on what last name you're pairing it with.

I don't know anyone or haven't heard of anyone using Liv as a stand alone name. I do know an Olivia who goes by Liv.
    I personally wouldn't use Liv because I would worry people would assume her name is Olivia.You are right, with the popularity of Olivia, Liv is going to be lost and confused.
    "Pretty is something you're born with. But beauty, that's an equal opportunity adjective."

In the US, Olivia has gotten so incredibly popular that I think a Liv would have to correct people that she's not an Olivia. If Olivia is unpopular where you are, I think it could work. With Olivia's popularity, I think it might be like a Liz but not Elizabeth situation.

What about Leven?
    Current loves:
    Opal | Saffron
    Winslow | Hopper