Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question 2. "The Last of Us" Unknown Father of Twin Girls

Genre of Story: Apocalypse / Dystopia

Time Period/Location: Modern Day Ontario, Canada

Brief Plot: After their mother, Jean, is burned to death in a fire, twins Scarlett and Juliet Price search for their father; their only help, a list with ten names found in their mother's belongings.

Possible Father 1:

Character Description: A construction worker, the town drunk / trouble maker, looks good in a pair of jeans, will flirt with every women in the room and makes it a habit to know all their names even if he's turned down.

Already Considered (if relevant): He's currently Harlan but I'd like to hear other suggestions.

Don’t Suggest These Names: Lucas, Seth, Owen, Michael, Walter, Ray, Gareth, Jimmy

Possible Father 2:

Character Description: A famous person, member of a band or actor (I'm not sure what I'm going with yet), he hates small towns and is only in town because his car broke down, he's the restless type, his secret passion is sketching faces.

Already Considered (if relevant): He's currently Elliot but I'd like to hear other suggestions.

Don’t Suggest These Names: Lucas, Seth, Owen, Michael, Walter, Ray, Gareth, Jimmy

Possible Father 3:

Character Description: A on again off again high school boyfriend, a ticket out of town that never panned out, a real nice guy who was into sports and fixing cars but never really became much because he was always in his older brothers shadow.

Already Considered (if relevant): He's currently Keith but I'd like to hear other suggestions.

Anything else? (Any other relevant information): I'll tell you a little more about the mother, Jean. She was a heavy drinker who worked in a bar. She hated her small town life and always hoped for more. She was a big movie buff, especially old movies and this comes though in the names for her children; Scarlett (Gone with the Wind) and Juliet (Romeo and Juliet). She was always looking for 'meal ticket' out of town. The father of her twins, when and if Scarlett and Juliet find him is going to be on death bed....I just thought I'd mention that incase it has any bearing. And, he did not know about the girls.

I haven't thought of last names at all either so if you have any ideas........
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-

I don't have any children, but I write like crazy and am always looking for names for characters. I think I'm a half decent story teller, a mediocre writer, but horrible at picking names.

Favorites: Ainsley, Everly, Shay, Bryce, Michaela, Bree, Susannah, Jensen, Damien, Anson, James, Dalton, Sawyer, Alaric

I like Harlan for #1. I also thought of Dean, Gable and Cade.
    #2 is a Graham, to me, or a Grant.
    #3 is Ben, Alfie, or Mark.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

Crissy-
    So far I love your plot and your character development. I can really see them in my mind and know you probably have a very strong vision for these three men. I like Harlan and can see this being a bad boy name. Other names along these lines I think could be Harley, Rider, Wilder, and Rex. For your possible fathers #1 &2 I feel like maybe you should consider switching their names. I see an Elliot more of a sweet guy name. At first thought I thought your famous musician or actor should be a more popular name then Elliot, perhaps a Steven or Justin or something in the top 100. But then I saw Keith as your #3 choice and I thought immediately this could fit better for your #2 possibility. I in fact know a Keith who is a lead singer in a band.

Thanks Bibliophile.

I really like Dean for #1.....Gable and Cade not so much, but I'll add them all to my list.
    Yep, I can see Graham for #2. Grant I need to stay away from because that's my Dad's name.
    Ben and Mark are totally nice guy names....I'll add them. Now, Alfie I don't really care for. It reminds me of Game of Thrones; actor Alfie Allen plays Theon Greyjoy, and I hate that character.
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-

I don't have any children, but I write like crazy and am always looking for names for characters. I think I'm a half decent story teller, a mediocre writer, but horrible at picking names.

Favorites: Ainsley, Everly, Shay, Bryce, Michaela, Bree, Susannah, Jensen, Damien, Anson, James, Dalton, Sawyer, Alaric

Quote Originally Posted by crookshanks2 View Post
    Crissy-
    So far I love your plot and your character development. I can really see them in my mind and know you probably have a very strong vision for these three men. I like Harlan and can see this being a bad boy name. Other names along these lines I think could be Harley, Rider, Wilder, and Rex. For your possible fathers #1 &2 I feel like maybe you should consider switching their names. I see an Elliot more of a sweet guy name. At first thought I thought your famous musician or actor should be a more popular name then Elliot, perhaps a Steven or Justin or something in the top 100. But then I saw Keith as your #3 choice and I thought immediately this could fit better for your #2 possibility. I in fact know a Keith who is a lead singer in a band.
    Thanks Crookshanks2. It's funny you should mention the character development.....I just started 'filling in the blanks' for the Price sisters today. Current day, Juliet is deceased (drug overdose) but this story flashes back. It's been a challenge to develop the characters for this series because I have so many. And I'm one that has to plan before I write so I've been spending months planning....I'm looking forward to the time when I can just write.

I love your suggestions of Harley and Rex for #1...they are definitely going on my list.
    Yeah, I know what you mean about Keith for the famous person....one can't help but think of Keith Richards. I'll add Keith and Elliot as options for #2 and #3.

I was tossing around Desmond for #2 too.
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-