Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Wedding songs?

I L O V E Such Great Heights!

We walked down the aisle to "storybook love" from the princess bride, our first dance was "love song for a vampire" by annie lennox, but I also considered "you picked me" by A fine frenzy
    Baby Sequoia Orion due October 2014!
    Other favorites: Cytheria, Arcadia, Seraphina, Caspian, Gideon

@Moonkai It's probably my favorite song. I wish there was a good acoustic version.. I love the original, but have you ever heard Ben Gibbard do a live performance of it? SOOO good..

Songs that I already had + I have come up with since I started this thread, in case anyone was wondering:
    I'll Never Find Another You - The Seekers (I got that from someone who posted, thanks!)
    Modern Nature - Sondre Lerche
    Red Tuxedo - The Griswolds (not really sure about using it for this, but I really like it!)
    Bloom - The Paper Kites
    Toothpaste Kisses - The Maccabees
    Sunset - Avalanche City
    Love Love Love - Avalanche City
    Five Years Time - Noah and the Whale (probably wouldn't use this one either, it's pretty popular right now)
    Carry This Picture - Dashboard Confessional
    You're the One I Want - Chris and Thomas
    Bright Idea - Mother Mother
    Bright Whites - Kishi Bashi (if I can find an acoustic version... I don't love the background vocals..)
    Adventurers - Port Isla (not exactly a love song, but catchy)
    My Heart With You - The Rescues
    Don't Make Me Wait - Locksley
    Such Great Heights - Ben Gibbard

I'm mostly looking for upbeat songs. I'm kind of picky, and I have pretty "Indie" taste (or so I'm told :P). But you've given me a lot of really good suggestions! Thanks
    Last edited by shalexis; November 1st, 2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Fixed error

My sister is getting married next year and their song is "Life with you" by the Proclaimers.

When I get married, our songs will be No One by Alicia Keys, At Last by Etta James, and Can't take my eyes off of you by Lauryn Hill
    for every dark night, there is a brighter day