Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wink Sister for Phoebe Louise

Hi all,

I had so much fun naming my daughter Phoebe that now she is nearly a year old I can't stop thinking about naming her sibling! I can't seem to shake the feeling that I am going to have another girl, and all I can think of are girls names. This is only hypothetical now, but I'd love to hear some berries ideas on the names I have on the shortlist, as well as suggestions for ones I haven't thought of...

Some names I already have thought of the middle, but others I haven't. I'm not particularly fixed so would swap some about. The names I like for middles but wouldn't use as a first are Francine/Francis, Hermione and Irene. I also quite like Mary.

So here goes:

Phoebe Louise and...

Daphne Francine
    Florence
    Nina Hermione
    Rosalie
    Alice Irene
    Noa

As you can see, there isn't a clear theme. I love the classics like Florence and Alice, but think Noa and Nina are quite offbeat and I like that. If it helps to gather my naming style, for a boy I also love Arthur, Rafferty, Ernest and Emmett.

Our surname is traditional, two syllables and easy to pronounce.

Can't wait to hear the feedback!

I absolutely love Phoebe Louise! So, so gorgeous.
    Daphne Francine - I really like Daphne, but it just feels too matchy with Phoebe. I'd love it in the middle name spot if you were open to that.
    Florence - maybe I'm too sensitive when it comes to 'matchy' but again I'm not loving it with Phoebe! I feel that the Ph and F sounds are too much.
    Nina Hermione - love it! Hermione in the middle name spot is a HUGE favourite of mine, and Nina is really nice with Phoebe. I would also love Nora Hermione.
    Rosalie - pretty, but feels like it has less 'substance' than Phoebe. I would prefer Rosamund and Phoebe, or just Rose and Phoebe. Rose Hermione!
    Alice Irene - I've always loved Alice! Alice and Phoebe are my favourite pairing yet. They are both whimsical and spunky, but sensible when they need to be. Love!
    Noa - not a fan of Noa I'm afraid - it just looks like a misspelled boys' name to me. As mentioned above, I love Nora with Phoebe.
    I would add Clara, Matilda and Annabel as lovely sister names for Phoebe.
    Best of luck!
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *

Just to add for real-life sibsets: the only Phoebes I know:
    Phoebe, Charlotte and Audrey (the Phoebe is around 14)
    Phoebe and Caitlyn (the Phoebe is around 19)
    Phoebe and Hannah (the Phoebe is around 16)
    Phoebe and Zoe (the Phoebe is around 19)
    Phoebe, Eva, Meg and Nicholas (the Phoebe is around 12) (I absolutely LOVE this sibset!)
    Hope that helps!
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *

My favorite from your list is Daphne Francine, I love it! I think that Daphne is a perfect sib name to go with Pheobe! It's one of my favorite sibsets. I also love Rosalie Hermione, Mary Frances and Florence Irene, very nice!

Other sets I like together are

Noa Francine (gorgeous)
    Rosalie Irene (vintage and feminine)
    Nina Francine (a bit exotic)

....but I still vote for Daphne and Daphne Francine sounds perfect together!

Phoebe is such an underused(at least where I live) and under appreciated name. Seems so strong and virtually nn proof. Phoebe Louise & _____:
    -
    Rosalie Francis
    Nina Hermione
    -
    Florence Hermione

The three combos above work with Phoebe Louise and flow nicely alone as combos.

Alice Rosalie, Alice Hermione, or Alice Mary could work, depending on how many syllables your surname is, and if you like the fact that it is 2 syllables and 2 syllables as is Phoebe (2 sylls) Louise (also 2 sylls).

Based on your naming style, other names you may like that I think pair nicely with Phoebe:

Rosalind or Rosemary
    Nadia or Natalia
    Bryony or Blythe
    Bridget or Camille
    Delaney or Dawn
    Eva or Ellis
    Elsa or Ivana
    Zara or Verity
    Haven or Melanie
    Harmony or Melody
    Meredith or Beverley
    Callista or Cambry or Cambria
    Emberly or Ember
    Elle, Ellen, Elena, or, last but not least, Giselle or Gemma. Good luck and hope I helped.