Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    You could put a couple onesies and baby socks in with the laundry and ask him to fold it while you're out? The onesies could have writing on them, so its clear they're for your baby.

Or you could wrap up a single onesie as a gift for him to open?

I like the photobooth idea, but pictures with the pregnancy test are gross to me....you pee on it. I, personally, would prefer to use like the fist ultrasound, or even just say "I'm pregnant" while in the photobooth.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

We had given up on being able to get pregnant. So when I saw two pink lines. I ran into the other room and yelled crying you are going to be a daddy!! ( I am almost 40 and he is almost 42) We had a failed IVF last year. So this really is our miracle!

When/if we have kids we're going to do a picture of an oven with a bun in it. With a last name like Baker I've been told to expect lots of jokes on that.
    I have no idea how I would tell him though. I'm hoping it's while he's home and I don't have to tell him "Surprise! You're a daddy!" right after he leaves for a long deployment.
    I might leave a picture of the test on the tv or somewhere he'll see it and see how long before he actually notices it.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

Quote Originally Posted by knitfrog View Post
    We had given up on being able to get pregnant. So when I saw two pink lines. I ran into the other room and yelled crying you are going to be a daddy!! ( I am almost 40 and he is almost 42) We had a failed IVF last year. So this really is our miracle!
    Yeah for you, knitfrog! That's wonderful!

Funny story, I didn't tell him I was pregnant, he told me that I was pregnant!

I conceived in mid February, at that time my boyfriend and I were broken up, though we were still sexually active. Because of the circumstances in my life we moved in together FAR too soon, he needed to figure out if he actually loved me or if we just spent so much time together. In March things went very sour, I flipped shit on him and we completely stopped talking and had absolutely no contact. I lived my life normal, not knowing I was pregnant. Then right before memorial day weekend he called me, which I was shocked about. He apologized for all kinds of things and told me he realized he really did and does love me, and that he wanted to meet up and talk about things. I agreed, but had no intentions of getting back together. So that Sunday I went to his house, we talked one thing led to another and we ended up hooking up. We woke up Monday on Memorial Day and he was just looking at me strange until he finally asked me, Are you pregnant? I was completely caught off guard and didn't know what the heck he was talking about. I told him No, I'm not pregnant. He just looked at me head to toe and told me, You're pregnant, I can tell, you're pregnant babe. I told him there was no way I was pregnant and decided on taking a test to humor him. So we walked to the store, got a test, came home, it instantly turned out positive. Did another, and another, all of which were positive. I was SHOCKED. The following day I went in for a vaginal ultrasound to confirm, and the lady told me, Congratulations, you're 14 weeks, 4 days pregnant and handed me an ultrasound picture of my little baby, not the weird blob most people see on their first ultrasound, but a baby.

It amazes me to this day the events that happened to lead up to me discovering I'm pregnant. He is not the type of person that would ever apologize like he did even though he knew he was in the wrong, when a relationship is over to him it's over no matter what. He doesn't even know what made him call me, but apparently he was fighting it for months and finally decided to. It amazes me even more he knows my body well enough to notice little things about it had changed enough to come to the conclusion that I must be pregnant - hell I don't even know my body that well!