Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    With DD, I had been eating like a horse for a week, even though I hadn't yet missed my period. It was the weekend, and we had gone to a little Italian sandwich place that we hadn't been to in a while. I polished off a sandwich that I usually wouldn't be able to finish half of, and he demanded that we stop at the drugstore on the way home to get a test. He wasn't surprised in the least when I screamed from the bathroom.

This time I was the one who *just knew*, about a week before I missed my period, that I was pregnant. DH is a huge supporter of our city's baseball team, and I bought a bib with the team logo on it before I'd even gotten a positive test. Once I confirmed, I told DH that I had a late Father's Day present for him, and gave him the wrapped up bib and a card that read something like "Our home team is growing, just in time for Spring Training 2014!" He stared at it for at least 30 seconds before it sank in. Poor guy!
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

For both kids my husband sat and waited for the pregnancy test to show the results. For my son we both watched it together and when we saw the second line appear didn't say anything just gasps and hugs. With my daughter my son was causing trouble in another room so I went to deal with him and was walking back in as the second line faintly appeared. I kept insisting it wasn't there (not because I didn't want to be pregnant it just shocked me how easily I got pregnant the second time) and my husband kept pointing out that it definitely was there. I liked finding out together and enjoyed that more then any sort of cute Pinterest worthy method of sharing the news.
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)

OMG you guys, the funniest thing just happened!!

So I'm not pregnant and we're not trying. I was just reading through this thread for the cuteness factor and I saw Feberin's post about how she wouldn't trade the moment of finding out together for any of those cute Pinterest worthy surprise methods. It got me thinking, because my Husband is a fairly straight-forward guy...I've always had these fun ideas of sharing the news, but we literally do EVERYTHING together, so that comment made me wonder if he'd prefer to find out at the same time as me.

So I asked him. "Babe, would you rather be there with me when I take the pregnancy test or would you want me to come up with a cute little memorable way to surprise you with the news?" And he gets this deer-in-the-headlights look on his face and he's like "Uhm...I'm going to need some time to think about that. Unless this is actually you telling me you're pregnant, in which case I need to know RIGHT. NOW."

It hadn't even occurred to me that he could take it that way! I died laughing.
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

My husband and I also do a lot together so I think if I didn't plan a way to tell him, he would probably be right there with me waiting for the results of the test.
    But I think that this is (probably) the only thing a woman has the power to either conceal or share (at least at first obviously), so I think it is super fun to be able to surprise people with the news! It's probably the only time in my life I'll be able to surprise my husband with such fantastic, life changing news. I would want it to be fun and memorable.
    My personal feelings about it aside, my husband did tell me he wants me to surprise him with the news. Not what I expected from him, but I'm willing to take on the challenge! Hence me starting this thread to look for ideas....
    Expecting #1 in June 2015!

Not pregnant or anything, but when my mother got pregnant with me (I was the second child) she put two bows on the door, one blue and one pink. That was how she told my dad. The pink bow is still on our door (its the door in the garage, not my front door). I think that was a cute way.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Jane | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Nicoletta | Nina | Natalia |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Jude | Paul | Basil | Abram | Tobias | Samuel | Thomas | James |
    Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cecilia | Cora | Delia | Helen | Helena | Lena | Raphaela | Ambrose | Elliott | Ephraim | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!