Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How did you tell your husband/SO?

I know there is already a thread about ways to tell people you are pregnant, but I'm curious how people told their baby's father/husband/significant other. I know I will tell my husband and family/friends in different ways, so just curious to see what other people out there did or are planning to do!!
    Expecting #1 in June 2015!

Yay just what i have been planing and thinking about! Looking forward to other ppls ideas

ah well i actually have a couple of plans (not pregnant yet but trying) and really not sure which one to pick so maybe ppl can tell me which one you like?

Option 1- hubby gets home i announce i bought him some new clothes- let him open package with cute baby onsie saying "I love my Daddy"- let that sink in

Option 2- First a back story- i proposed to my partner on the leap year i carefully cutt open a kinder surprise removed the toy and replaced with a cheap looking engagement ring and a note asking him to marry me- resealed and packaged like it was never touched- announce to partner I bought a treat (his fav chocolate)- waited until after dinner for partner to eat kinder surprise for desert - que surprise. Same premise but replace toy with small baby and note saying "Your going to be a Daddy!"

Option 3- get a t-shirt that has an image of a bun in the oven- wear it around the house to see how long it takes him to work it out- or something similar

So which one should i pick or does anyone have alternate ideas?

Waiting for baby bear #1

** Freya
    Winifred Ivy** ~~ Ronan Kelvin March ~~ ^^Scarlett Guinevere Ann^^

Considering
    Guinevere, Wilder, Inara, Xander, Scarlett, Imogen,
    Lila, Phoebe, Liv, Lorraine, Chance, Sadie, June, Seth
    Trent, Heath, Nathaniel, Lennox, Claudia, Ash, Finn

Quote Originally Posted by bettydogooder View Post
    Yay just what i have been planing and thinking about! Looking forward to other ppls ideas

ah well i actually have a couple of plans (not pregnant yet but trying) and really not sure which one to pick so maybe ppl can tell me which one you like?

Option 1- hubby gets home i announce i bought him some new clothes- let him open package with cute baby onsie saying "I love my Daddy"- let that sink in

Option 2- First a back story- i proposed to my partner on the leap year i carefully cutt open a kinder surprise removed the toy and replaced with a cheap looking engagement ring and a note asking him to marry me- resealed and packaged like it was never touched- announce to partner I bought a treat (his fav chocolate)- waited until after dinner for partner to eat kinder surprise for desert - que surprise. Same premise but replace toy with small baby and note saying "Your going to be a Daddy!"

Option 3- get a t-shirt that has an image of a bun in the oven- wear it around the house to see how long it takes him to work it out- or something similar

So which one should i pick or does anyone have alternate ideas?
    I am not married or anything; but I liked option 2 best because it suits you and your partner.

Here's some suggestions: http://dailymom.com/expect/im-pregna...usband-family/
    http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-...-are-pregnant/

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas

The first time I was too excited I just blurted it out. Next time I think I'll put a "big sister" shirt on our little one and see how long it takes him to notice.
    "Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes."
    -Walt Whitman

I posted in the other similar thread about going to a photo booth and showing my husband the positive pregnancy test right before all the pics start snapping. It's a great idea (I found it on Pinterest) but I just discovered that the only photo booth I know of near us has been removed So unless another one pops up within the next couple months I'll have to find another plan.

@bettydogooder- I agree with @sodallas3, option number two seems more personal for you and your husband, so I'd probably go with that for you.

I like the other two options too though! My husband doesn't like it when I buy him clothes tho (he always returns them or they just sit in the back of the closet), so I don't know if me buying him a shirt or something as a surprise would be too much of a dead giveaway that something big was going on.

Hmmm... I'll have to see what other people say to see....
    Expecting #1 in June 2015!