Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Thanks again for all of the great advice! I've updated my previous comment with my list.

Expecting #1 in June!

Boy: Quentin Charles or Reid ??
    Girl: Catherine Violet or ??
    Beta fish: Blodwyn

Congratulations Leah, so pleased for you!

Diapering:
    Snappis (diaper fasteners)
    Cloth diapers, newborn and small sizes-I know you said you didn't want brands but I love Green Mountain Diapers for prefolds.
    Diaper covers, newborn and small sizes-If you do Thirsties duo covers then you can just get size 1 and 2 and be good through potty training. The duo size 1s snap small enough for a newborn and the size 2 will start working around 12 lbs. The size 1s do stop working before their advertised 18 lbs or whatever. You also could probably just do size 1s and a one size option.
    Cloth diaper wipes-If you're looking to save money then these can be made on your own or buy baby wash cloths at yards sales for super cheap and use them.
    Diaper sprayer-I know several people said it's not necessary but I honestly wouldn't have continued cloth diapering if I hadn't had one. I've cloth diapered two kids (on through potty training and the other is 16 months now) and I LOVE my sprayer. However you don't need it until you start doing solid foods so you can wait a little while to buy one. I found the liners bunched up and didn't cover everything and my kids don't always have plopable poop especially my son.
    Wet bag-Get a bunch! I have three pail liners that we use for in the bedroom, a wet bag for the basement and a bunch for going out. You can also use plastic bags for while you're out if you don't want to buy too many wet bags.
    Changing mat (for top of dresser)- Get at least two covers or more if you're having a boy.
    Travel changing mat (for other rooms/diaper bag)

Eating:
    Nursing pillow
    Nursing pads
    Nursing cover-I strongly recommend one that has a metal part that causes it to stick out a bit and goes around your neck. Really helpful at first when you're just learning how to use one.
    Burp cloths
    Bibs
    Bottles

Furniture/travel gear:
    Crib/crib mattress
    Highchair-You can't use it with a little baby but I recommend the IKEA one. Super easy to clean.
    Bouncy seat
    Baby wearer
    Car seat
    Stroller
    Diaper bag-I've found a backpack to work best for this since it's easier to walk around with it on and my husband is happy to carry it. Cloth diapers take up a lot more space so it helps to fit everything in without having to haul around a giant bag.

Hygiene/misc:
    Bathtub
    Humidifier
    Video monitor-These regularly appear on baby deal sites like woot! kids.
    Nail scissors
    Hairbrush
    Thermometer
    Teether
    Receiving blanket
    Swaddling blankets
    Pacifier
    Sun shades (for car windows)
    Outlet plugs

Indulgences:
    Stuffed animal
    Blocks
    Kiddy plates and silverware-Ikea has these for really cheap.
    Classical music CD
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)

@juicyorange: Thanks!

@feberin: Thanks for the suggestions! The Green Mountain prefolds are actually what I was looking at.

Expecting #1 in June!

Boy: Quentin Charles or Reid ??
    Girl: Catherine Violet or ??
    Beta fish: Blodwyn

Quote Originally Posted by leahmarie512 View Post
    @juicyorange: Thanks!

@feberin: Thanks for the suggestions! The Green Mountain prefolds are actually what I was looking at.
    I purchased one dozen orange edge prefolds and two dozen yellows edge prefolds when I was pregnant with my son. I also got like a dozen of the kissaluvs size 0s that I picked up super cheap as seconds but if I didn't get that deal I would probably do some of the Green Mountain workhorse diapers. However since newborns go through a lot of diapers and I hate constantly having to wash and prefer two days minimum between washing I bought a second dozen orange edge when I had my daughter. That amount of 3 dozen newborn sized diapers was perfect if you can afford the extra ones. They do grow out of them really quickly though and I managed fine with only 2 dozen with my son just it always seemed like I was washing diapers.
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)