Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need help!!!!

Need help!!!!

Ok baby number two is coming in a few weeks! I have a girl already and I CANNOT, for the life of me, make a commitment to a name for the new baby! She's a girl and I can't decide. I've read all the lists...multiple times, I have had people give me suggestions but I just can't fall in love with a name.

Our current name is Ayvah (like Ava but I don't love the original spelling....I always think ah-vah when I see it). Anyway, my husband loves it and my daughter has heard it enough that that's what she calls her baby sister lately. To me when we say it out loud sometimes the "vah" is so strongly pronounced that it just sounds funny, but other times it's fine! I have difficulty making decisions anyway but it was no where near this difficult the first time! I am also worried about how popular "Ava" is and that she might be one of five in her class when she gets to school.

We've considered:

Makayla, Makenzie, Sofia, Alyvia..........

last name begins with Mc so unsure about the Mak names.

ugh help please! I usually hate when people suggest names because I'm like aaah I've already been through all of these names. I just can't decide so.....opinions on Ayvah/ Ayva/ Ava are welcomed too but BE NICE!
    Last edited by snm2013; October 27th, 2013 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snm2013 View Post
    Ok baby number two is coming in a few weeks! I have a girl already and I CANNOT, for the life of me, make a commitment to a name for the new baby! She's a girl and I can't decide. I've read all the lists...multiple times, I have had people give me suggestions but I just can't fall in love with a name.

Our current name is Ayvah (like Ava but I don't love the original spelling....I always think ah-vah when I see it). Anyway, my husband loves it and my daughter has heard it enough that that's what she calls her baby sister lately. To me when we say it out loud sometimes the "vah" is so strongly pronounced that it just sounds funny, but other times it's fine! I have difficulty making decisions anyway but it was no where near this difficult the first time! I am also worried about how popular "Ava" is and that she might be one of five in her class when she gets to school.

We've considered:

Makayla, Makenzie, Sofia, Alyvia..........

last name begins with Mc so unsure about the Mak names.

ugh help please! I usually hate when people suggest names because I'm like aaah I've already been through all of these names. I just can't decide so.....opinions on Ayvah are welcomed too but BE NICE!
    To be honest the only 'decent' name that I could consider using from the names that you've suggested (with those spellings) is Sofia.

I hate 'unique' spellings, they are not unique in fact they are just awful. Ava is a delightful name, there isn't anything wrong with spelling of Ava, she's just a stable fashionable name. If you use this ridiculous Ayvah all your going to do is cause trouble for your daughter later on. As she will have a popular name but unlike her peers that share her name she'll have this crazy spelling which will cause to her spend her days spelling this out. It's just a pain.

I hate Mc and Kay names which for me rules out Makayla and Makenzie furthermore your last name starts with Mc which creates this repeated sound, this is just unattractive when you say the name together.

Sofia is fine. This spelling is legit and even though I prefer Sophia, I can understand why people would like Sofia it has the association with Bulgarian capital which makes Sofia a interesting twist on place names. She feels quirky and looks good.

Concerning Alyvia I'm totally unsure on this name.

Yeah if I was you guys I would go with Sofia!!!

Hmm...

I LOVE Sofia. I also ADORE Alyvia, but I think Alivia is classier.

Makenzie and Makayla are awesome, but I'd stay away from them if you have a Mc starting last name.

Ayvah looks like a misspelling of Ava. Go with Ava if you care about your future child.
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)

I vote for Sofia too. I hate your spelling of Ava and don't like your other names.
    Boys
    Spencer|Benjamin|Henry|Declan|Rhys|Grayson|Peter|Q uinn

Girls
    Laura|Charlotte|Caroline|Savannah|Nora|Natalie|Hel ena

Guilty Pleasures
    River|Sawyer|Moss|Barrett|Sky|Archer

I love Sofia/Sophia and Olivia/Alivia. I think the mack names would not work with your username, it may become a tongue twister. Some suggestions Alia, Ayla, Bria, Isla, Mia, Noa, Suri, Willa, Arden, Auden, Oakley, Lila, Lilia.
    Maebry Eloise o Emilia Sunday o Annabel Birdie
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Gray Everett
    -------- o -------- ~ o ~ -------- o --------

heart my son