Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Miles vs. Milo - Which do you prefer and why?

I really like both names. In fact, for a while I was going with Miles as the formal name and thinking I could use Milo as a fun nickname so I could be selfish and use both.

Well, my daughter has a classmate - named Miles - who happens to be her best friend. She talks about him constantly. So now it makes me feel weird using the name and I'm considering just going with Milo instead. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't really care for Milo and says it's a pet's name (he didn't care as much if we used Miles and I chose to have Milo as "my" nickname for him).

I wish I could just not care and use Miles if I choose to, but it's really kind of turned me off from using it now that her "best friend" is named Miles.

So, which do YOU prefer and why? Do they give off different feelings or vibes?
    Mom to Nora.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Decs/Dex). Griffin (Finn). Euan. John (Johnny).

Sylvie. Iris. Gwyneth (Gwen). Daphne (Effie). Piper.

I much prefer Miles. Milo sounds like a dog's name to me.

I prefer Miles too. It "ages" better than Milo.
    Mom to Emberlee Shea. Expecting #2 Aug 2014.

I like Milo better because I just have a thing for names ending in o. Plus names ending in s sound awkward with my last name. I do really like both names though.

I adore Miles! Milo is chocolate milk powder here and I don't think I'd ever be able to see past that.
    20 year old writer, uni student and name nerd.

Ramona Grace ~ Rowan Sarah ~ Audrey Elizabeth ~ Reagan Felicity ~ Francesca May ~ Zelda Stephanie~ Briony Auden ~ Alba Emily ~Sinead Louise
    Maxwell Louis~ Timothy Jack~ Adrian James ~ Julian Bradley~ Edmund Vincent~ Byron David~ Basil Henry~ Franklin Shay~ Asa Stephen~ Alasdair John