Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Elusive Number 13

I have a top 12 for boys that I'm truly happy with (Caleb, Everett, Jack, Avery, Grayson, Zane, Bailey, Samuel, Boaz, Brody, Spencer, and Asher), and a top 13 for girls. The OCD in me just wants to have an even amount of names on each gender's list. If I can't find anything I love just as much, I'll probably just let it go, but I figured I'd take a look at these names just one more time. These are the ones I'm considering--wdyt of them, and do they match up with my other favorites? Favorites?

Calvin
    Declan
    Emerson
    Linus
    Leopold "Leo" (or just Leo? Or Leander nn Leo?)
    Silas

I've also been crushing on Noah, Ronan, and Wilder lately, but I feel like they're more MN contenders. I could be convinced to use them up front, with a really good argument, though. Or any other suggestions, if none of these seem special?

Thanks, ladies!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Love Declan, Emerson, and Wilder. Really Like Noah, Ronan, and Silas.
    Maebry Eloise o Emilia Sunday o Annabel Birdie
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Gray Everett
    -------- o -------- ~ o ~ -------- o --------

heart my son

Oh, Declan! Apparently (although this is from Wikipedia, so probably not), Saint Declan was one of the four first saints to bring Christianity to Ireland before St. Patrick. And it means "full of goodness", from the Gaelic "deag" (good) and "lan" (full). Not that I'm trying to push you in any particular direction or anything... But Ronan is lovely too, reminds me of Ronan Keating ("When You Say Nothing At All" was the song of my childhood) Anyway, good luck, I've made my feelings clear at least

I love Leopold, but not sure it fits? I think Calvin, Declan, and Emerson all fit well with your style, but you already have a Cal and you already have a -son. So that leaves Declan. Do it!

I also think Noah, Ronan and Wilder all fit with your style. I think you could add any one or 2 of them. I think you need 2 more girl names to make both lists an even (odd) 15. :-)

I loooove Calvin, Linus, and Silas.