Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Twins plus one = 3 sweet little boys; help naming #3

Okay, the time has come for me to ask the Berries' opinions on a great name for our third sweet little boy, due mid-February. You were instrumental in helping us choose perfect names for our identical twin boys back in April, 2012, and I need your amazing tastes and ideas yet again!

Our twin boys are Andrew Robert and Benjamin Ryan. Andrew goes solely by Andrew, and Benjamin is either Benjamin or Ben. Last name is Lithuanian, 3 syllables, starts with a D, heavy on the A's and ends with S.

We are looking for another classic, handsome name for Ben and Andrew's little brother. We've narrowed our list down to the following firsts and middles, though are open to other suggestions for both:

First names (no particular order, though at the moment we are probably leaning towards one of the first 4):

Alexander (Alex or Xan as nns)
    Joseph (Jay or Jake as nns)
    Jonathan
    Michael
    Gideon
    Samuel
    Dawson (not as "classic", but we both really like it and it sounds good with the last name)
    Timothy
    Gabriel (I really like this name; hubby not so much)
    Thomas (though it might be weird to have the one non-twin named "the twin", no?)

Middle names (none of these can be used as first names, for various reasons):

David
    Henry
    Charles
    Gordon (these first 4 are all family names, but we aren't stuck on using a family name for the middle)
    James
    Night
    Shepherd
    Reid
    Remington
    Tennyson (these last two might be too long with the last name?)

Names we like but can't use as firsts: Jack, William, Matthew/Matthias, Mark, Jacob, Adam, Ethan, Oliver

Looking forward to seeing you suggestions for first/middles/combos! Thanks ever so much, in advance.
    Last edited by habsfan; October 25th, 2013 at 01:02 PM.

Joseph Henry
    Joseph Tennyson
    Jonathan David
    Gideon Charles
    Samuel Reid
    Timothy Shepherd
    Thomas Reid
    Charles Henry

Charles - what do you think of using Charles as a first, then you'd have A, B, C--which is sorta cute and subtle
    Christopher or Caleb could also work for that
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

We wanted to avoid the A, B, C thing, though I agree it's subtle (people keep making jokes about A&B as it is -- and that combo was coincidental). Charles is the name of my late grandfather, but my husband is not keen on it as a first name (I like it, but he has a bad association with a Charles/Chuck).

I really like Joseph Henry, Joseph Tennyson, Jonathan David, Thomas Reid and Timothy Shepherd. Thank you!

I love so many on your list!

Thomas
    Timothy
    Samuel
    Joseph

With Andrew and Benjamin, I think the names below are fine. I would eliminate names ending in "n" like Benjamin (Gideon, Jonathan, Dawson) and names ending in "s" like your surname (Thomas). My favourite is Timothy nn Timo (tee-moh). I love Alexander but he would share an initial with Andrew so it's not ideal.

Timothy James
    Joseph Reid
    Samuel Night
    Gabriel Henry
    All the best,
    Mischa.