Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Endometriosis?

Hi Jem, I have had similar problems to you and recently had a laparoscopy which found nothing. I tried several different methods to alleviate the pain and the amount of bleeding before I underwent the laparoscopy as I am only 17 and they didn't want to perform surgery on me until they were sure that nothing else would work. This has been going on for about 3 years now as I originally got my period when I was 10 though it didn't worsen until I was about 13/14. While it's relieving that no endo was found, there has been no improvement to the pain which leaves me bed-ridden or the amount of bleeding which leaves me not wanting to go out of the house. I'll stop there as there's a LOT I could say, just want you to know that I'm here to talk if you ever want to and I hope your condition picks up!
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

Hi @fiametta! Laparoscopies are not fun hope you're feeling better! What really killed me was my shoulders - for some reason the gas they pump inside you irritates your diaphragm and somehow that makes your shoulders hurt - how are you going?
    I know what you mean - I have definitely been bed-ridden by period pain (I often get clots and heavy bleeding). I've had to come home from uni/stay at home and miss classes, which is really annoying. I'm so behind!
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *

I'm feeling much better thank you Jem, all of the swelling has finally subsided as it has now been 3 and a half weeks since the op. The shoulder pain was sooo irritating! At the moment I'm okay, as far as things go, although my period is due in a couple of days on the same day I begin my VCE exams, so really not looking forward to that! Although I'm not a uni yet, I know what that's like. I was constantly having days of school which led to be falling behind in class. I have a follow up appointment with my gyno in a couple of weeks, so I'm just waiting until then to find out what the next step is as I've currently been put back on the pill (this is now the 4th time), and so far there is no improvement.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

Good to hear! Hope the exams are ok. I start exams in just under a week, and I'm finding it hard to study with constant pain.
    Maybe inquire about the Implanon next time you see your gyno? I have that now. I'm on the pill as well at the moment, as I was bleeding quite a lot; but it would be great if it was a long time solution. Good luck for your exams!
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *

Hey Jem! I had an U/S on my birthday earlier in the month and was told that I do have endo. It sucks.
    I started my period 3 months before my 11th birthday (lucky me!). From the start they were painful. I would spend a full 7 days in my bed unable to function and would miss school for it. At 13 I was put on the pill. It cut my periods from 7 days to 2. They were still extremely painful but I got through it. By 15 they started getting heavier and heavier and longer and longer and they were unbearable. It took until last year for my Gyno to take me seriously.
    During my U/S they also found my right ovary had very poor blood flow to it so they think if I have problems with fertility it will be because of that and not the endo since I only have a little of it.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire