Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Endometriosis?

@sarahmezz - thank you! Very helpful

@jazz1509 - I'm so glad you've had two and a half successful pregnancies! How exciting; your little one is due so soon! I'm really glad to hear that endo doesn't cause infertility too often - I've always wanted a big family. Hope you start feeling better soon! It's funny, most people I talk to who have tried the Mirena (which admittedly isn't a huge number) have had issues and had to have it removed. Hmm.

@katemp91 - I'm sorry for what you're going through! I'm not actually sure if there's a family history - all I know is that my mum had very painful periods (but unlike for me, the bc pill was fantastic for her), and I think my aunt on my dad's side did too. I don't think they've ever been diagnosed though. Interesting! My sister and cousins get fairly bad period pain; but really nothing like what I go through. There does seem to be a family connection!
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *

Hi. How is implanon plus pill work out for you? That could help so maybe worth sticking with it for a bit. Mefanemic acid would help with the cramps and transexamic acid would reduce any heavy bleeding. You may benefit from a repeat laparoscopy as well so they can directly treated the affected areas. It's an invasive thing to have done but maybe worth it. Did you get any relief after your laparoscopy before?

Endo mama (to be) here! I don't want to rehash my whole endo drama, so I will try to summarize. We tried to get pregnant for 2 years with no luck. My periods got heavier and more painful after I got off the pill several years ago, to the point of sending me to the ER thinking my appendix had burst. I met with 4 different OB/GYNs before one finally took me seriously. I was told it was cysts, just normal menstrual pain, and even that it just "couldn't be that bad." All the while, I was missing work, trying to function being in 24 hour pain for 3-4 days in a row during my period. Absolutely awful experience. When I finally found a doctor who listened to me, I had a lap. She found endo and adenomyosis, as well as my left ovary wound around and adhered to my hip wall. She was (miraculously) able to get it unstuck and 95% of the endo removed. Fast forward 5 weeks after surgery, and I got my FIRST POSITIVE PREGNANCY TEST! I am currently 23 weeks along with our miracle son, to be named Raphael, which means "God has healed." My prognosis for future children is good.

Endometriosis is a nasty, horrible disease. The physical and emotional effects it has on women are terrible. Best of luck to you on your endo journey. It can be long and hard, but many women do find hope and healing along the way. My best advice is to be an aggressive advocate for your own health and treatment. If you encounter physicians who don't help you, fire them and find one who will! If I hadn't been so aggressive with my own situation, there is little doubt I would still be miserable, under the impression I was suffering from ovarian cysts, and not pregnant.

Good luck!
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Susannah, Loretta, Georgia, Theodora
    Viggo, Thaddeus, Woodrow, Laszlo

Pretty sure I have endo too, so I feel your pain. I got my first period at 11 (poor little early bloomer me) and I was in absolutely horrid pain every time I got it; I'd get sick to my stomach and black out and my mom would have to come get me every day from school, till it got to where I'd miss a week of school every month. FINALLY, after 6 years of this, my mom agreed to let me go on birth control -which my doctor has been telling her I need since my first period! Its still too early to see if anything has changed, but you're not the only one! <3 hope it gets better for you, hun!

Thanks everyone! Implanon + pill has been okay - at least I'm not getting periods at the moment! It's annoying because I still have daily pain a lot of people are not very understanding about that! The main thing about the laparoscopy was that I kind of got some closure - at least there was a reason I was in so much pain and it wasn't 'all in my head'! But I was in a LOT of pain afterwards because the Mirena didn't like me for some reason.

@tintri - CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting! Raphael David is swoon-worthy - so handsome! What a gorgeous name. I do have a good GP - the great thing is, is my mum is actually a GP so she knows a lot of good doctors. Very helpful really!

@baileyann - thank you! Hope it gets better for you too - the pill is a great start. It's awesome that you can just skip three months without a period! It's so annoying when people say 'oh yeah, I get cramps too' - when it's absolutely nothing like what we go through!
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *