Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Endometriosis?

Just a quick question - do any of you know how common endometriosis is? Just curious, I know I could Google it, but you Berries seem much more reliable
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

@Catalina - aww, thank you! I think it's partly a running thing - you have to have a certain amount of body fat before your body can menstruate and we were probably running around too much! I think endometriosis is actually fairly common (I *think* around 30% of reproductive-aged females) but symptoms can vary quite wildly it seems!

@bonfireazalea - thanks so much! Periods are such a pain (both metaphorically and literally!) Funnily enough, my twin sister has the same problem as you (almost the opposite to me!) and she never gets much warning

@awsmith - me too! I'm only 19, so it will be quite a while yet, but I do worry about my future fertility. I've always wanted children so it's a bit of a worry for me. I suppose only time will tell!
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *

There are a couple of women on the Momberries thread who have experienced this issue and could probably give you some good advice, even if you're not planning on having a baby any time soon.

I'm going to move your question there if you don't mind
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I'm not sure if it's helpful but I will share my story

I have endometriosis and PCOS. I got my first period at 12 and right from the start the pain was so intense I couldn't function and the bleeding was so heavy I couldn't go to school. I was 15 when they finally diognosed the endo and put me on the pill, which like for you did not help, and infact my periods were more painful.

Fast forward to after I was married, my periods were still heavy, painful to the point I couldn't function and very irratic. I was so releived to be period free once I fell pregnant with my eldest, I had her via emergancy c-section so they cleaned up the endo at the same time and apparently there was quite a lot there. Between having her and falling pregnant again I didn't have a period. Again they cleaned any endo out during my c-section.

I got my period back 5 weeks after she was born and it was excruciatingly painful, I ended up in hospital because it was so bad. Every period after that wasn't anywhere near as painful or heavy as before having kids but were still very irratic. I had a Marina put in and bled and cramped for 18week. I had it taken out and my period was again irratic but not as painful or heavy as before. Shortly after that I fell pregnant and lost the baby. 2 months later is when I was diognosed with PCOS.

Fast forward to March this year, I fell pregnant again and so far although it has been a complication filled pregnancy, baby is healthy. Less than 4 weeks to go now!

Very rarely endometriosis can cause infertility. There are things they can do though, to help your fertility if endo does cause problems when you are TTC.
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

I have endometriosis. I was diagnosed when I was 12. I've been miserable and nauseated 12+ times a year for the past decade. I have tried a couple forms of BC, none helped, at all. I have a prescription for hydromorphone, and it works about 50% of the time (half the time, it just makes me more dizzy and nauseated and only reduces the pain slightly). I also have ovarian cysts on both my ovaries (I've been getting those regularly since I was 16). I am nervous about not being able to have children, but my hubs is convinced we won't have a problem, and for now (since we aren't trying), it's comforting that he is confident, even though he doesn't really understand the concept of endometriosis and cysts

Anyway, you're not alone! Does anyone in your family have it? My aunt and great grandma did.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crushes:
    Shae - Mallory - Margaret - Dorothy - Boden - Luca - Veda
    Huckleberry - Colt - Benno - Fielder - Lonan - Kick - Shannon - Bodhi - Harvey