Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Endometriosis?

Question Endometriosis?

I'm wondering if there might be a forum on endo in the Momberries/TTC section, but as a 19-year-old with no children plans in the near future, I feel I don't really fit in there!
    Does anyone else have/might have endometriosis? There aren't really any good forums around, and you Berries are all so lovely and supportive that I thought it might be worth a try to set up a bit of a forum here.
    A little about me:
    My first period was at age 16, nearly 17 (quite late). From my very first period, I had pain. I started getting my period every two weeks (SO. ANNOYING.) and near-constant pain. At 17 I was put on the pill, more to control my periods/pain than for contraception. I took them continuously, so having a period every 3 months. They were still revoltingly painful, and I was still having pain in-between. Eventually I had a laparoscopy and a Mirena inserted while I was under GA (general anaesthetic) as I am a virgin with no children and it's really recommended for mothers! The laparoscopy found just a little bit of endometriosis, that's it. While relieved, it didn't really answer much: until I was told that endo is very random; and people can have heaps of endo but only minimal pain, or heaps of pain and only minimal endo. The Mirena didn't work out: I was getting cramps so bad I was bed-ridden. It was removed (OMG SO PAINFUL - I didn't get any anaesthetic at all ) and I got the Implanon (arm implant) inserted. With that, I bled straight for three weeks, so I was put back on the Pill as well as the Implanon. And here I am now!
    One of the worst things about endo at the moment is that I'm at the end of semester exam block. Constant crippling pain really can be very distracting....
    Last edited by jem; October 25th, 2013 at 03:28 AM.
    I'm twenty with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Lysander *

No-one else?
    I'm twenty with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Lysander *

Hi jem . I don't think I have endometriosis but I also got my period quite late (I was almost 16 so it was in June-August of this year somewhere in there.) and had some slight complications with it. I get very irregular schedules (haven't had another since July).

I don't have endometriosis, but I felt bad that you didn't get any replies so I just had to respond. I'm always here to talk if you need to .
    Last edited by oboeplayer1; March 28th, 2014 at 08:24 PM.
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

I don't have any medical advice or anything, but just wanted to say I totally feel for you. I've always had irregular periods too, maybe 4 or 5 times a year, and I have no idea when they're going to come so it always stains my clothes. Maybe you could take painkillers if it really hurts- though you might want to check with a doctor if that's okay. *hugs*
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Portia, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

I have endometiosis. I have worried a lot about if I would be able to have children. I am 20 and not thinking of having babies any time soon, but it still worries me. I want to be a mom one day, so I know how you feel. It is painful. I got my period when I was 11 and it was miserable. In 2011, I finally got put on birth control because they suspected that I had it. In August of this year, I was diagnosed with it. Good luck to you!
    Shiloh Mae, Lily Evan, Nora, Evalyn, Evie, Olive, Jewel, Eloise
    Lennox Evan, Finn, Jude, Quillan, Jonah, Noah, Owen