Coen
    Delilah
    Eve (theoretically, it should be)
    Judas
    Lilith
    Lucifer
    Messiah

Recent Events:

Aurora (a friend of mine gave birth two weeks after the tragic shooting. She always wanted a daughter Aurora, but it didn't seem right at the time.)
    Katrina (Hurricane)
    Monica (Lewinsky)

Some unacceptable sib-sets:

Tristan + Isolde
    Romeo + Juliet
    Hamlet + Ophelia
    Bonnie + Clyde

From TV:

Topanga (Boy Meets World)

I wouldn't count on the beautiful name Katrina being tainted forever, though I don't see it making a comeback any time soon. How many people remember Hurricane Andrew today when they hear the name?

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowbright908 View Post
    I wouldn't count on the beautiful name Katrina being tainted forever, though I don't see it making a comeback any time soon. How many people remember Hurricane Andrew today when they hear the name?
    It does seem unlikely to last forever, but I would expect it to last for at least a generation. It isn't as though Sandy was on trend anyway, but I wouldn't expect to see it start a comeback now. I did read somewhere (Freakonomics?) that after an event like a hurricane, more babies receive names that start with the first letter of the hurricane's title in the following year. So apparently names beginning with K, though not Katrina itself, enjoyed an increase in popularity.
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

Jezebel
    Christian (If you're not a Christian)
    Katrina (I love this name, but Hurricane Katrina ruined it for me)
    Isabella/Bella (I don't like this name, so I'd never use it anyway)
    Lindsay (Lindsay Lohan)
    Miley (Miley Cyrus)
    Cohen ( I love this name, but I wouldn't use it in fear of offending someone)
    Luna (Lunatic nickname or the brand of sanitary pads)
    Not expecting, just love collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Grace, Madeline Hope, Linnea ?, Stella Rose, Emilia Colette, Clara Noelle, Violet Elora, Lydia Charlotte, Elaine Victoria, Evelyn Ruby

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Quinn, Evan Robert, Joel Dominic, Quinn Patrick, Dawson Cole, Judah Nathaniel, Rhys Jeremiah, Roman Gabriel, Lachlan Jude

I have a friend who told me her mum was going to call her Eve. I couldn't see a problem in it until she told me she had an older brother called Adam. Thank goodness her Dad put his foot down!
    I agree with the Myra and Thatcher suggestions. I'm from an area (and background) of the UK where Thatcher is a definite no (though that doesn't extend to Margaret) and I immediately associate Myra with Hindley and the Moors murders.
    Last edited by kirstenlouise; October 26th, 2013 at 11:58 AM.
    - Evelyn - Alice - Margot - Edith - Maeve - Gaia - Sylvie - Indira - Martha - Beatrix - Miriam (Miri) - Freya -

- Seth - Marcus - Stefan - Roran (Rory) - Caspar - Reuben - Malachi - Christopher (Kit) - Eben - Gideon -

- Eden - Indigo - Ezri - Ophelia (Effie) - Zinnia - / - Tycho - Atticus - Beckett - Marius - Zephyr -