Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tainted Names?

This is very sad, but I feel Katrina is now on this list.

It is such a lovely name. I knew one baby Katrina before the hurricane and had an 8-year-old student named Katrina in a class I taught. Now, I rarely hear it.

Too many negative images and memories, perhaps?

Oh -- and I don't see Judas making a comeback anytime soon. However, I know several people named Jude and Judah.

I don't know of any widespread ones, but, this may help; a list of America's most hated baby names (http://www.babynamewizard.com/archiv...mes-in-america )

The names listed are:

Nevaeh
    Destiny
    Madison
    Mackenzie
    McKenna
    Addison
    Gertrude
    Kaitlyn
    Bertha
    Hope

Jayden
    Brayden
    Aiden
    Kaden
    Hunter
    Hayden
    Bentley
    Tristan
    Michael
    Jackson

♂: Neville, Ernest, Albert, Andrew, Richard, Henry, Louis, Joshua, Harry, Michael,
    James, Walter, Adam, Matthew, Christopher, Percy, Aubrey, Freddie, Alfie, George, Thomas

Hubby refuses to consider one of my favorite names because of a terrible waiter we had once. So, no sons named Tobias for us.

Hubby also doesn't like Finneas because of Phineas and Ferb. I thought the spelling (which I didn't think was so unusual, but I can't ever find it on any name sites) would differentiate it enough, but he still doesn't go for it.

Loved the name Jasper pre-Twilight, and now I just can't do it. Ugh.

I have a hard time with my desire to be unique, because as soon as I hear of a cousin's best friend's sister in law's brother having a baby with a name I love, I don't want to use it. It's something I have to realize isn't that big of a deal, since I like somewhat unique names as it is.
    mara tenille
    due with baby #1 on 7-3-14

freya - adelaide - eloise - evelyn - vera - blythe - vivienne
    finneas - tobias - knox - sparrow - jude - ezekiel

Wow, I've never seen a list of most hated names. And I agree with the majority. Even if you love one of the names, it's good to know if everyone else hates it. Probably best to avoid those for your kids sake.

As far as names being off limits, I would agree with all the previous ones mentioned. Except Noam, but you would need to be aware of his politics. I would also add Monica to the list, at least for now.
    Mom to... Augustine Mark "Augie", India Marie "Indie", Theodore Odell "Teddy" and Philippa Lee "Pippa"