Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I haven't fallen in love with any girl names, please help.

I love Asher and Declan for boys and have a list of several other boy names I love and could easily use. I am just not thrilled with any girl names. I like some (really like some), just haven't fallen in love with any. I am thinking I might do better with a name that could have several nicknames.

Emmeline Azure o Annabel Waverly -- o -- Maebry Eloise o Story Anneliese
    Piers Lachlan o Charlie Hawthorne -- o -- Tadhg Emerson o Wilder Quinn
    ------------------------ o ------------------------ o ------------------------

heart my son

Quote Originally Posted by lovemysweeties View Post
    I love Asher and Declan for boys and have a list of several other boy names I love and could easily use. I am just not thrilled with any girl names. I like some (really like some), just haven't fallen in love with any. I am thinking I might do better with a name that could have several nicknames.
    Hmm...

Have you thought about finding names similar to Asher and Declan?

Names similar to Asher:
    Zipporah 'Zippy'
    Elizabeth 'Eliza' 'Lizzie' 'Liz' 'Beth'
    Rebekah 'Becca' 'Becky'
    Elisheva 'Eli' 'Elis' 'Eva' 'Lissie'

Names similar to Declan:
    Ciara pro. KEERA
    Orlaith pro. Orla
    Caoimhe pro. KEEVA
    Fionnuala

Other suggestions:
    Penelope 'Penny' 'Pen' 'Nell' 'Nelly' 'Lo'
    Victoria 'Vicky' 'Toya' 'Tori' 'Ria' 'Vee' 'Vic'
    Rosalind 'Rosie' 'Rosa' 'Rose' 'Ro' 'Lindy'
    Madeleine 'Maddie' 'Elle' 'Ellie' 'Laney'
    Charlotte 'Charlie' 'Lotts' 'Lottie' 'Char'
    Amaryllis 'Mary' 'Ami' 'Lissie'
    Wilhelmina 'Willa' 'Hels' 'Mina'
    Eliana 'Ana' 'Eli' 'Elle' 'Ellie' 'Anna'
    Willow 'Winnie' 'Lou' 'Lo'
    Alexandra 'Alex' 'Lexi' 'Ali' 'Xandra'
    Persephone 'Sephy'
    Louisa 'Lulu' 'Lou'
    Gabriella 'Brielle' 'Elle' 'Ella' 'Ellie' 'Abri' 'Gaby'
    Genevieve 'Evie' 'Eve' 'Nev' 'Gen' 'Ginny'
    Jemima 'Mia' 'Jem' 'Mimi' careful if your in the USA racial slurs are attached to this name
    Ariana 'Aria' 'Anna' 'Ari' 'Ria'

Quote Originally Posted by lovemysweeties View Post
    I feel your pain. I have no idea how I'll ever choose just one boys' name! On the other hand, I have girls' names that I like but nothing that sweeps me off my feet. My solution has been to assemble a list of names that have a little gravitas in long form and then some nn options. Along those lines, I like Matilda, Eleanor, Arabella, Beatrice, and Persephone. I also have a couple of short names that I really like the sound of, but my eyes are almost always drawn back to the more versatile choices.

I'll probably keep a close eye on your thread!
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

Tori thank you very much.

Elizabeth is very pretty. I am not a fan of Beth. I knew a little girl that went by Libby. She was an adorable child that was very well-behaved. I also knew a girl that went by Lizbee. She is grown now and still goes by Lizbee by close family and friends. Between Elizabeth and Isabel/Isabelle, I think I slightly prefer Isabel/Isabelle.

Rebekah is a nice name. My best friend's (we are like sisters) sister is Rebecca and goes by Becca. So this name is out for me.

I really like Madeleine and so many of the nicknames that go along with it. I think this is one that I could fall in love with.

Charlotte is one that I do not know how I feel about it. I slightly do not like the sound of it but also feel it is beautiful at the same time. Really like the nickname Lottie.

Eliana is definitely one I could fall in love with. It is on my list. It is also a name that honors two family members.

I do love Willow but feel it would not match with others.

Alexandra or Alexandria are both names I need to think on. I really like the nickname Lexi. Xan is cute also.

I was just talking about Gabriella and Gabrielle with my family. So many great nicknames. I think I could easily grow to love either of these names more.

Ariana is beautiful. Aria and Ari are adorable nicknames. I wonder if Ariana is too big of a name up against names like Gabrielle, Isabel, Madeleine.

heart my son

Freya, thank you.

I am sure I will be blessed with more girls then boys. lol

Longer names I think is the answer. I could also use fun middle names. The choices of nicknames could end up being the problem then. lol My daughter/s and family would have so many choices between the nicknames, a fun middle name, and the full name.

heart my son