Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on my list

Hi everybody,
    I have a list I have come up with of fun names that I would consider if we had another boy. My one year old is named Kellen. For a second child I would want to avoid a -en,-an,-on ending and a K first sound. I also have to avoid a -er ending because of our surname. Here are my favorites (some of which my husband likes and some he is iffy about.) Maybe you can give me some input to convince him? Any other suggestions you have are welcome! Have a lovely day Berries!

Boaz
    Boyd
    Dashiell
    Desmond
    Forest
    Garrison
    Gilead
    Hershel
    Jericho
    Malachi
    Shepherd
    Sidney
    Simeon
    Solomon
    Wallace
    Winslow

Many unique choices I've never seen before!

I love "BOAZ" for it's biblical origin and for its originality.
    Gilead is sweet, and reminds me of "Gale"
    Desmond has a noble feel to it and reminds me of "Edmond"
    Malachi is wonderful and stoic! Have you thought of Micah?
    Wallace and Winslow- very cool.
    What about: Walter, Willouby, William?

Hope these are helpful!

I love Winslow - and who wouldn't like to have an obvious nn of Win or Wins?!

Boaz, Simeon, Solomon, and Gilead are excellent, meaningful options. It can be difficult to find Biblical names that aren't either overused or really bizarre to modern ears.

Forest and Shepherd give me a peaceful feeling. Plus, nn Shep is beyond adorable. Forest feels very relevant in this age of environmentalism.

Garrison is a little too military installation for my taste, and I can't hear Desmond without adding Tutu. Wallace will be forever linked in my mind with George, and when I hear Boyd, I picture an egg or a guy with bald head shaped like an egg. That doesn't mean they aren't nice names; the associations are just too strong for me to look past.
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

Thank you for the input! @Kayray, Thanks so much. I really want a "off the beaten path" name but I don't want it to be too weird.
    I love Boaz too, but that is one I can't get my husband to love. It was my #1 pick for Kellen but I couldn't convince him. I haven't given up hope yet though. Desmond is new to my idea list. It does feel somewhat noble, doesn't it... I really like the nn Dez too.

@freya. I love the nn Win and Wins! Kellen doesn't go by a nn usually, but sometimes K or BK (Baby Kellen). I can't decided if I should avoid a name with a built in nn for a future child or not. I am leaning towards not. I really love my biblical names too. Shepherd and Forest are my favorites today (it'll probably change tomorrow though. ufdah. Thanks so much for your ideas on the rest of the names. I hadn't even thought of Tutu. Ha!

Thanks so much for your help!

My favorites with Kellen are; Boyd, Dashiell, Desmund, and Shepherd.

Maebry Eloise o Emilia Sunday o Indie Rose Clementine
    Piers Lachlan o Tadhg Emerson o Gray Everett
    -------------- o --------------- o ---------------

heart my son