Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why are girls names so hard!

I am 15 weeks pregnant, and eagerly awaiting my 20 week scan to find out our little ones gender. We have 2 children already, and have settled on a boys name but we are having a hard time agreeing on a girls name. Suggestions welcome!

Son: Conan Allen
    Daughter: Kalista Monroe (Kali for short)

Name picked if its a boy is Myles Parker

Names we like, but arent sold on. These are the ONLY two names we can agree on :/

Avalyn - My husband loves the idea of the nickname "Avie". I'm not sold on this one. I feel like people will hear this name as "Evelyn" and the nickname Avie as "Abby". I dont want her to be pronouncing her name to everyone she meets.

Elowen - I love the sound of this name, but feel that it will end up "Ellie" as a nickname which sounds close to my daughters nickname Kali

We want a middle name to honor my grandmother Mary-Lou and we are leaning towards using Maryn.

Name based on your side:
    Marin Lumina
    Ellen Laramie

I like Elowen best out of your choices, but think it's a little close to Conan and agree that Ellie and Kali are too close. What about Aurora nn Rori or Aurie as an alternative to Avalyn (which is not my favorite)? Conan, Kalista, and Aurora area great sibset! Or, instead of Maryn, what about Marys as a fn that honors Mary Lou?

Other possibilities:

Conan, Kalista, and

Artemis
    Aveline
    Avis
    Bryony
    Daphne
    Freya
    Gwyneth/Gwendolen/Guinevere
    Juno/Junia/Juniper
    Lois
    Louisa
    Lyra
    Maeve
    Meredith
    Pandora
    Phoebe
    Selene/Selena
    Serephina
    Soleil
    Sybil/Sybilla
    Sylvia/Sylvaine
    Tempest
    Thais
    Themis
    Thea/Theodora
    Thisbe
    Valerie
    Veronika
    Vesper

You could establish Elowen's nickname early on as Winnie, if you like that? Avie is cute but I think some ppl will pronounce Avalyn like Ava- Lynn (long A) and Avie like AY-vee instead of to rhyme with Abby. So pronunciation might be an issue. You could do Avalon nn Avie? Or just Avia?

Daphne, Freya, Thea, and Phoebe were some of my firsts thoughts as well. I'll add Leda, Eleni, Helena nn Lena.
    Audrey Coraline | Esme Victoria | Fiona Hazel | Gwyneth Rosalie | Liv Cordelia | Maisie Bernadette | Madeleine Vesper | Margot Elspeth | Phoebe Matilda | Sylvie Marigold | Thea Rosemary | Zara Emmeline | Archer Nathaniel | Callum Avery | Cato Benjamin | Emmett Jude | Griffin Wilder | Jasper Amias | Leo Vincent | Lucian Mateo | Milo Sebastian | Quentin Emrys | Rhys Donovan | Theo Everest

I don't really like Avalyn but Elowen is lovely. I don't think it's too close to Conan and you could always establish the nn early as Wynn/Winnie.

Other ideas, with siblings Conan and Kalista:

Portia
    Elspeth
    Meredith
    Briar
    Delphi
    Ottilie
    Thora
    Gwen

Could Malou work as a quirky honour name for Mary-Lou?
    ♥ Juno Matilda (09/15) ♥

Astrid Hermione • Beatrix Paloma "Bea" • Cleo Tabitha • Gaia Madelief • Helena Sappho "Nell" • Ione Elspeth "Io"
    Liv Tatiana • Minerva Grace "Mina" • Olive Anouk • Rosamund Hero "Ro" • Violet Callisto • Zelda Miriam • Zosia Genevieve

Asa Malachy ◆ Bartholomew Jack "Bear" ◆ Caspar Frederick "Cap" ◆ Dexter Leif ◆ Felix Eben ◆ Kit Nathaniel
    Leopold James "Leo" ◆ Milo Jesper ◆ Nikolai Arthur ◆ Otto Edmund ◆ Rex Tobias ◆ Theodore Wolf "Teddy" ◆ Zev Matthias