Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelygenevieve View Post
    Okay, see only your opinion matters Just try to make names a fun thing, especially because your a teenager who's not having children. This sound be a fun hobby for you. Not something to make you feel upset or stressed about.
    That's all it started out as, but I love planning ahead and thinking like 'what would I name a baby if I had one right now?'. When people are rude or nasty to me about something I like, that's when I get stressed. I think it's because of how kids used to treat me in elementary school, and even in high school - I wasn't allowed to like anything 'unusual' or 'different' (in other words, everything I liked), without being bullied for it. It even happened with the music I listened to. I wasn't allowed to like bands from England, because they were 'weird boybands' that no one else had heard of (that was their name for One Direction: 'weird boyband', and from that moment on ANY artist from the UK that I liked became a 'weird boyband', even though they weren't a boyband at all), I wasn't allowed to read Jane Austen or Shakespeare for enjoyment, I was picked on for doing so, I wasn't allowed to have pink streaks in my hair (at age 15, I thought I'd look really cool with dark pink streaks in my naturally rything that's happened to blonde hair), and so on.

I think that, even though I'm not in public school anymore, everything that happened to me in the past, it's made me over sensitive to what other people say/think about me and what I like.
    I've been staring at the hotel ceiling,
    Drinking everything I've found this evening,
    Trying to hold on to the sweetest feeling,
    So I'll never let you go, don't you leave me lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by ismene View Post
    I actually don't find them that similar and I honestly never even thought about it before.
    it's one of those things that someone said to me once before, and before that point, I never thought about it, but once it was brought to my attention, it's all i think of.
    I've been staring at the hotel ceiling,
    Drinking everything I've found this evening,
    Trying to hold on to the sweetest feeling,
    So I'll never let you go, don't you leave me lonely.

"Normal" names (for most people*) - boys: Addison, Albert, Alden, Ashley, Blake, Cameron, Connor, Finn, Fletcher, Franklin, Frederick, Hayden, Jamie, Jordan, Landon, Leighton, Mackenzie, Mason, Morgan, Parker, Robert, Rowan, Toby, Walter

*with exception of some being more commonly used on girls

"Normal" names (for most people) - girls:
    Amelia, Amity, Annabel, Ariella, Audrey, Augusta, Aveline, Blythe, Bridget, Celeste, Clementine, Dorothy, Esther, Evelina, Georgia, Iris, Isabelle, Juliet, Kate, Mabel, Marianne, Millicent, Miranda, Nancy, Nell, Nellie, Olive, Sadie, Sophia, Verity, Victoria, Virginia

"GP" names (for some people) - boys:
    Darragh, Dermot, Eamonn, Lachlan, Niall

"GP" names (for some people) - girls: Aoibheann, Atalanta, Merida, Mirabelle, Ophelia, Persephone, Portia, Titania, Vesper
    boys' | list | forthcoming

R e t i c e n t | R o m a n c e

Araminta Ruby | Cordelia Vesper | Cressida Maeve | Esmeralda Beatrice | Guinevere Elise
    Lavinia Rosamund | Millicent Briar | Minerva Beatrice | Myrtle Josephine

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonhaley View Post
    That's all it started out as, but I love planning ahead and thinking like 'what would I name a baby if I had one right now?'. When people are rude or nasty to me about something I like, that's when I get stressed. I think it's because of how kids used to treat me in elementary school, and even in high school - I wasn't allowed to like anything 'unusual' or 'different' (in other words, everything I liked), without being bullied for it. It even happened with the music I listened to. I wasn't allowed to like bands from England, because they were 'weird boybands' that no one else had heard of (that was their name for One Direction: 'weird boyband', and from that moment on ANY artist from the UK that I liked became a 'weird boyband', even though they weren't a boyband at all), I wasn't allowed to read Jane Austen or Shakespeare for enjoyment, I was picked on for doing so, I wasn't allowed to have pink streaks in my hair (at age 15, I thought I'd look really cool with dark pink streaks in my naturally rything that's happened to blonde hair), and so on.

I think that, even though I'm not in public school anymore, everything that happened to me in the past, it's made me over sensitive to what other people say/think about me and what I like.
    All I can say is most the things that teenagers are obsessing over now won't matter years from now. The bands you liked, the way you did your hair, what you read is what makes you, you. Everyone is unique in their own way. Trust me when I say this, it doesn't matter what other people say. The only thing that matters is doing what you enjoy and what makes you happy. You'll probably grow out of caring a lot about what other people say. You can learn a lot from being bullied and picked on. It really can only make you stronger if you learn from it. You just have to learn that other people's opinions are nothing. I guess that's easy for me to say as I don't believe in normal. I like being unique and original. I think normal is boring and I don't think everyone is "normal".
    When I was your age, about five years ago, I was a planner too. I loved thinking about what I'd name my baby if I had one then. It was all fun, nothing stressful. I don't share names, because I honestly don't care about other people's opinions. However, if I do and the opinion is different than mine, I laugh it off. I don't let it deter me from a name I like or even LOVE. I probably wouldn't like their name ideas either.
    Good luck, I hope I helped you a little today.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelygenevieve View Post
    All I can say is most the things that teenagers are obsessing over now won't matter years from now. The bands you liked, the way you did your hair, what you read is what makes you, you. Everyone is unique in their own way. Trust me when I say this, it doesn't matter what other people say. The only thing that matters is doing what you enjoy and what makes you happy. You'll probably grow out of caring a lot about what other people say. You can learn a lot from being bullied and picked on. It really can only make you stronger if you learn from it. You just have to learn that other people's opinions are nothing. I guess that's easy for me to say as I don't believe in normal. I like being unique and original. I think normal is boring and I don't think everyone is "normal".
    When I was your age, about five years ago, I was a planner too. I loved thinking about what I'd name my baby if I had one then. It was all fun, nothing stressful. I don't share names, because I honestly don't care about other people's opinions. However, if I do and the opinion is different than mine, I laugh it off. I don't let it deter me from a name I like or even LOVE. I probably wouldn't like their name ideas either.
    Good luck, I hope I helped you a little today.
    This is the perfect response. Ditto.
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)