Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me find a name my husband and I can both agree on!!

So apparently girls names are nearly impossible for us to agree on. Actually I have had a hard time getting him to like ANY girls name at all. I asked him to come up with a list but he hasn't had a chance to really sit down and do it. The only name he has suggested and loves is the name Lily. The full name would be Lily Dawn Harper (last name Harper). Dawn was my mother's middle name so we have played with the idea of using it. I do think this combination is very pretty but I already know at least 3 other Lily's that are under the age of 4. I just feel like the name is really trendy right now. I have a list of names that I like and have offered them to my husband but he hasn't been too fond of any of them. Here is the list I had:

Alice

Rebecca / Becca

Briella

Makayla

Keira

Aviana nick name Avi

Ruby maybe Ruby Lillian Harper?

Lynae

Heidi (maybe)

Lila / Nila -- is this too close to Eli?

Molly?

Andrea

We currently have a son named Elijah James and he goes by Eli most of the time. I want a classic sweet name that isn't overly popular right now but can't be too unique or my husband will knix it. Any suggestions??? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Once I read that your son goes by Eli, the first thing that came to mind was Eli Lilly, the pharmaceutical brand, so Eli and his sister Lily may sound a bit weird together. Just my thought.

I think Lily Dawn Harper is a beautiful name, and it pairs wonderfully with Elijah / Eli. I think it's less trendy-sounding than Makayla, Keira, Briella, or Aviana.
    I like Rebecca, Ruby Lillian, and Molly.

Other names that come to mind include
    Anna
    Rosemary
    Susanna
    Janice
    Iris
    Adele
    Georgia
    Meredith
    Lydia
    Linnea
    Diana
    Flora
    Sara

Ha, how funny. I have friends who work for Eli Lilly, and it never occurred to me.

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot