Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can you fix Daniel John?

Hi all,

We have agreed on John (if we have a boy) as either mn or fn - but probably middle as hubby isn't a huge fan of Johnny (which I love).

We both like the name Dan or Danny but in keeping with our other childrens names and to give flexibility would use a formal name - Daniel.

My only hesitation is that I don't like Daniel John. I just think it is such a common combination and makes me fear the use of DJ as a nn. One possibility is to use another mn as well. I like Francis which is a family name but my hubby thinks it is 'girly' (I know!). Can you think of any combinations of Daniel ---- John, or Daniel John ----, or perhaps Dan ---- John, Dan John ----?

Obviously I like the classics and popularity isn't an issue for me.

I like John ahead of Daniel (John Daniel --), and it's traditional in both German & French to have John (Jean/Johan) as the first formal name, but go by the middle name. I have entire families in my ancestry with all boys sharing the name John/Johan w/varying middle names. (e.g., John Silas went by Silas) I like John Daniel Harrison, John Daniel Rhys, John Daniel George, John Daniel Grant, etc.
    Last edited by rkrd; October 23rd, 2013 at 12:16 AM.

I like the idea of John Daniel ____ (it flows the best), if you aren't opposed to him going by a middle.

John Daniel Bennett
    John Daniel Francis
    John Daniel Arthur
    John Daniel Carter
    John Daniel Tucker

Daniel John Booker
    Daniel John Neander
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crushes:
    Shae - Mallory - Margaret - Dorothy - Boden - Luca - Veda
    Huckleberry - Colt - Benno - Fielder - Lonan - Kick - Shannon - Bodhi - Harvey

Have you already considered less conventional ways to Dan/Danny? I know a couple who wanted the nn Danny for their daughter but instead of the obvious, Danielle, they chose Deandra

Audan/Auden
    Camden
    Dannon
    Jordan
    Boden
    Holden
    Marsden
    Brendan
    Linden/Lyndon
    Braden
    Walden
    Ardan/Arden
    Gordan
    Riordan

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden

I would go with a more unusual choice to get the nn Danny, something like.....

Donovan John
    Dano John
    Dana John (I love this one, but it might be too feminine looking for an American boy?)
    Dante John
    Danton John
    Haddan John
    Haidan John
    Haldan John
    Idan John
    Sheridan John
    Sheldan John
    Roldan John
    Loudan John
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot