Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Scandinavian/English/Irish Names for Twin Boys

Hi everyone

My husband is Norwegian and I am American (with Irish and English heritage) and we are expecting twin boys. Finding names that honor our heritages and are easy to pronounce in many cultures is hard! We live in a German speaking country and I haven't live in the US for a while so I am a little out of touch with what is "playground proof". I would like at least one Scandi name. I don't think either of us really have specific tastes or styles when it comes to names. We have a 3 syllable last name so I like one or two syllable names. I prefer to stay away from really popular names. And it should be easy to pronounce in both English and Norwegian.

Here is our list so far. Maybe you can glean something from our "style" and give me your opinion. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them too!

Aksel
    Finn (paternal grandpa)
    Espen
    Oskar
    Emil
    Ola (paternal grandpa)
    Levi
    Emmett
    Kieran (or Keegan)
    Henning
    Sayer
    Sander
    Sondre

Great list! I love Espen, Sondre and Aksel, all very solid and good Norwegian names. Kieran's great, and Finn too; this actually seems to be a very good fit as it's both Irish and Norwegian.

Some other Norwegian names I think would fit:
    Birk
    Eivind
    Erling
    Eskil
    Gustav
    Iver
    Jesper
    Mattis
    Mikkel
    Sivert
    Steffen
    Stian
    Sverre
    Trym
    Vegard
    Vetle
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Kieran is nice. But if you're part Irish you might like the Irish spelling Ciaran (for extra Irishness you have the spelling with the accent on the last a, changing the pronunciation to KIE-RAAN (long a)), although perhaps that might complicate pronunciation in the States. Finn is always lovely I think! And Oskar is great too. They'd go lovely together. As you are a mixed couple it might be nice to mix names of the different origins, something of both worlds

Made me think of Stellan which is Swedish I think, but has an Irish feel like Kellen/Kellan.

You have a lot of great names though. I love Finn, Ola, Oskar, Emil, Emmett, Keegan, Sayer....

Aksel is really wonderful - one of my own favourite names. I also really love Oskar and Sander.

Some Scandinavian suggestions:
    Asger
    Aslak
    Bertil
    Birk
    Bror
    Folke
    Gustaf/Gustav
    Njord
    Nor
    Rumle
    Sigge
    Sixten
    Snorre
    Storm
    Sverre
    Tjalfe/Tjalfi
    Villads
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Théoden "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Aksel Inigo • Aviaaja Cleopatra Hero "Avi" • Fabiola Agnes Lúthien