Names Searched Right Now:

Hybrid View

Surprise baby! Boy names are hard

Im having a surprise baby the first of April we have a girls name Sutton Lorelei but boys names are becoming a problem.... we have a son names westyn. Im not really to worried about the perfect sibset I just need a name!!
    I really like:
    Lincoln- worried its going to turn unisex and I want it to be all boy
    Brock- love but husband hates
    Hank- to common for me but like regardless
    Ramsey- love and once again husband says no
    Silas- si for short but over used thanks duck dynasty!
    Wilder- husband says makes he think of wild animals

Please help the boy nams issue is making me want to give up on a surprise and see if I even nees a boy name.

That's funny; I find boys' name much easier than girls'!

Surname names to consider:

Winslow
    Sullivan
    Abbott
    Carlisle
    Bradford
    Brennan
    Chase
    Hartwell/Hartford (nn Hart)
    Jefferson
    Any ln beginning with Mc or Mac, as it would lend itself to "Mac" as a nn

Other all-boy names that leap to mind when reading your list:

Curtis/Kurt
    Kent
    Clark
    Dirk
    Frederick
    Damon
    Tristan
    Lee
    Mitchell
    Blaine
    Blaise
    Guy
    Dean
    Orson
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

Also, you might consider:

Hendrix
    Patton
    Jagger
    Hawk
    Rex
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

I don't think Lincoln is going to turn unisex any time soon. As a girls name, it's not even ranked in the top 1,000 names, nor has it been since records started being kept in 1890. Contrast that with its #132 rank as a boy's name. It's about as all-boy as it gets. It even has a boyish nickname "Link" (or "Linc") as a safeguard. If you and your husband both like Lincoln, I'd say go with that.

Yeah I think Lincoln is extremely masculine. I've known girls named Henry (not short for Henrietta, her name was Henry), James (she went by Jimmy), and Micheal (not Michelle), I have also known 2 female Tristans. To me Wilder runs more a risk of being a unisex name. Any time you name a child a surname or an unusual name, there is a chance that both sexes have used the name.

Congratulation on your surprise!

My suggestions are these

Eric- Short but strong. A classic that is not overused

Malachi- I like the pronunciation Ma-la- kai. You could call him Kai for short.

Cillian or Killian- Similar in feel to Silas.

Rider- Similar to Wilder, but with Ry as a nickname.

Of course with since you already have a Westyn I feel like an Easton, or North might be in order.

I realize this name is a bit more out there but I actually really like nature names for boys. Personally I love the name Cypress for boy. Cy for short.

Also while I think of Lost often when I say the name, that reference would fade by the time the boy is old enough for school. I really like Locke. You could also do Loche, as in a Scottish lake.

Finally like to suggest Wyatt. Very masculine name, that would go well with Westyn.

Congratulation no matter what.
    Last edited by blackcatsmeow; October 24th, 2013 at 10:40 AM.