Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lilia vs. Lillian?

I'm still torn as to which Lily name to add to my list. Which do you prefer? Does one go better with my list stylistically? MN ideas for whichever is your favorite?

I feel as though I'm leaning more toward one of these two options, but I can't seem to let the ther one go! Help me decide, Berries!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I prefer Lillian because it feels more 'complete' to me. Plus, it's my pup's name, although we call her Lily, so I may be biased
    Girls: Matilda ~ Cordelia ~ Elena ~ Violet ~ Emilia ~ Catherine ~ Charlotte ~ Aurelia ~ Elaine ~ Lila

Boys: Elijah ~ Felix ~ Damon ~ Titus ~ Levi ~ Grayson ~ Declan ~ Dalton ~ Milo

I remember that Lillian's your dog's name! I might as well come out and say it--Lilia is in the lead right now, but I love the staid, complete, unassuming, and yet spunky feel of Lillian. I've been crushing on Lillian since I read a book (not even a very good book, haha!) almost two years ago about a Lillian. I thought it was lovely, and grew to love saying it. Lillian. Lillian. Lillian. It's so fun to say! I feel like it'll be harder to come up with combos for it. But I love the sweetness and unexpectedness of Lilia, and feel like I'm leaning toward a combo (Lilia Josephine), although I'm not set on it by any means, and I sort of would like to honor my grandfather (who was L. B.--and only L. B.--so I would need a "B" middle). Urgh. So frustrating.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I have a Lilia she's a teenager. I love it obviously but I actually love Lillian too. Lilith, Lilias, Lilianne are all variations I really like. I love Lilia's literary connection and familiar yet unexpected feel. Because of Lillian's popularity I'd personally go with Lilia but you can't go wrong with either imo. Some B names I think of with Lilia could be

Lilia Blair
    Lilia Blythe
    Lilia Bay
    Lilia Brynn

Girls: Matilda ~ Cordelia ~ Elena ~ Violet ~ Emilia ~ Catherine ~ Charlotte ~ Aurelia ~ Elaine ~ Lila

Boys: Elijah ~ Felix ~ Damon ~ Titus ~ Levi ~ Grayson ~ Declan ~ Dalton ~ Milo