Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why can't I just make a decision and stick with it!?!?

Some of you know that I had a lot of trouble getting my husband to talk about and agree to a girls name for this baby. When we decided on a name we agreed to Gwendolyn Pearl but now it just feels wrong. I talk to baby (I'm sure lots of pregnant women do it and I'm not crazy right? lol) when I do I test out the names we are planning on using. I call baby Lawrence or Lance and I get butterflies and get excited about the name, when I say Gwendolyn or Gwen I don't get that anymore. I just feel blah about the name. I have always loved Gwen names and I still think it's a beautiful name but it just feels wrong.

I'm annoyed with myself about not loving the name anymore. I thought we have found "the name" but now I don't think we have. My husband is just frustrated that I think it's not right anymore as he feels like he only just adjusted to naming our baby Gwendolyn. Am I the only person who has had this problem? I feel like if I went with Gwendolyn I would regret it. So now I have to revisit my lists which are very short due to my husband excessive love of the veto.

Madeleine (dislike the nn Maddy, are there any other possible nns?)
    Catherine nn Catie (yes with a C)
    Harriet (My sister screwed her face up and said this name rated a 0/10 but I still like it)
    Susannah (Doesn't really work with a sister named Annabelle)

Middles:
    Pearl (I love love this)
    Ruth
    Harriet
    Faith
    Ivy (this is new to the list, my husband suggested it! That never happens!)

I think I just need someone to tell me I'm not crazy, some advise and maybe suggestions on what I should do. I have no problem with taking a list of names to the hospital with me, but at the moment I'm not even sure about the names I listed here enough to write them on that list. It's currently only got Lawrence Gavin for a boy, with out back up boys names.

People keep telling me we must be having a boy since we can't choose and stick to a girls name but my gut feeling tells me it's girl number 3. Then again maybe I'm just scared of having a boy because that's totally unknown for me!
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

No one? Maybe I am crazy.
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

It can't hurt to explore your other options or even maintain a list of options to choose from once you've met the new baby.

From your list (and with your other kids; especially love Annabelle, btw), I love the sound of Madeleine Ruth. How about Mads for a nn? I've heard Madeleine pronounced with both the "line" ending and the "lin" ending; a friend whose name is Madeleine (lin), sometimes goes by Linny. I'm not sure which pronunciation you have in mind though!
    TTC
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

It can't hurt to explore your other options or even maintain a list of options to choose from once you've met the new baby.

From your list (and with your other kids; especially love Annabelle, btw), I love the sound of Madeleine Ruth. How about Mads for a nn? I've heard Madeleine pronounced with both the "line" ending and the "lin" ending; a friend whose name is Madeleine (lin), sometimes goes by Linny. I'm not sure which pronunciation you have in mind though!
    TTC
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

You're not crazy. I do this too, I try calling my baby by the names on our list and if I don't get excited - if I don't feel it suits her, off it goes. It doesn't matter how pretty the name is. For what it's worth I think Gwendolyn Pearl's beautiful. But I very much like both Madeleine and Catherine on your list. Madeleine could be Lena or Leni? Or maybe even Malin? Madeleine Pearl would be beautiful with sisters Elizabeth and Annabelle.

Good luck sweetie!!! Lots of hugs
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014